1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Available nba coaches

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Skanookie, Dec 30, 2008.

?

Who can fit Adelman Shoes?

1. Hakeem and Clyde

15 vote(s)
    15.0%
  2. Mike Fratello

6 vote(s)
    6.0%
  3. Avery Johnson

28 vote(s)
    28.0%
  4. Pat Riley

30 vote(s)
    30.0%
  5. Magic Johnson

7 vote(s)
    7.0%
  6. Sam Mitchell

3 vote(s)
    3.0%
  7. Pj Carmesmo

3 vote(s)
    3.0%
  8. Hubie Brown?

8 vote(s)
    8.0%
  1. Skanookie

Skanookie Member

Flip Sanders
    Avery Johnson
    Mike Fratello
    Sam Mitchell
    P.J. Carlesimo
    Magic Johnson(Knowing he knows only lakers inside and
    out would he take the job)
    Pat Riley?
    Hakeem Olajowon Coach and Clyde Drexler assisant coach

Who would be good to take Adelman's shoes?

For some reason Mike Fratello and Avery seem to be two id like to see.

2. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Avery ended up overcontrolling his players out,although he did improve their previously non existent defense. I would prefer a more experienced coach like Fratello. Riley is very good but he is not available. Hubie is too old right now.

3. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

adelman is still the best choice.

4. Tmacfan0115

Tmacfan0115 Member

Outside of Adelman I would say Mike Fratello. But I would also consider Avery Johnson as a coach, the only problem I have with him is he is too similar with JVG

5. J.Will.Xu

J.Will.Xu Member

I'll stick up for Adelman anyways despite his poor play decision toward the end of the game when on the line.He's still the best amongst those names.

If we need another coach to take RA's shoes,by my reckoning Avery Johnson would be our best option.

6. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

JVG..j/k

I'm down on Adelman but he is better than anything out there.

Avery Johnson is so overrated.

7. AntiSonic

AntiSonic Member

Rudy T. These guys need someone to inspire them, not x and os gimmicks.

8. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

There isn't a coach on that list I'd like to have over Adelman.

9. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

Agree. Talk about a knee jerk reaction. Its been entertaining to watch all the Adelman bashing. Give it time.

10. SpiffyRifi

SpiffyRifi Member

Out of those choices - Adelman. But if JVG called, I'd have Rick packing his bags.

11. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

Wow - want nothing to do with anyone on the list. Nice reverse psychology to make us appreciate Adelman.

Flip - Rudy redux. Nice personality with dubious bball IQ.

Riley - famed for overworking the Zo/Timmy era Heat so much that they ended up with overuse injuries and out of gas for the postseason. Maybe not the best approach with Yao/McGrady.

Fratello - micromanaging B-level coach at his best. Famed for bringing about slowdown ball in the 90s with the Cavs and leading the era of 65-72 scores.

Sam Mitchell - never an NBA level coach. Biggest joke of recent CoY recipients.

Carlesimo - Being friends with a great coach doesn't make you a great coach. Ask Romeo Crennel or Charley Rosen.

Magic - as good as Shaq's acting career.

Avery - Lil Napoleon will only last 6 months before he loses the team.

Dream/Clyde - no need to say anything, I assume.

Not mentioned:
    Scott Skiles - toes the line of an authoritarian, but bad apples took him down in Phoenix and Chicago, not necessarily himself.

Paul Silas - maybe I've always had a mistaken impression or blinders on, but I've always liked this guy.

12. ibm

ibm Member

mostly accurate. riley may be the closest thing. too bad we didn't give rudy one more year, or have a shot at pjax.

13. WarioMillie

WarioMillie Member

Why so much support for "The 'Lil General" and Magic?! You guys are crazy <points> and funny. No. Splurge for a VanGundy. Because I enjoy watching A.J. too, from afar (I.E. "bashkeetbawl" etc). But this is too close for comfort. So DON'T vote him in!

:mad:

14. xiudou@cn

xiudou@cn Member

I bet most our players will pack their bags before RA

15. Pringles

Pringles Member

:eek:

Yea. And as fans we should no who's at fault for the loss. Which costed the loss more? The players not playing with energy from the beginning until they dug them self a hole? Or a coach's decisions for the last 2 minutes?

Rick is a player coach. If you are going to bash him... fine. But bash him for his weakness not his strength. ;)

16. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

I'm not exactly sure who our team targeted when we first began our coaching search, but my question is; why didn't we pursue Larry Brown?

If we did and he rejected us then I'm fine with that. But if we put no effort into bringing him back to be in Houston then that was a very stupid mistake on the part of management. Don't you think he might have preffered coaching for the Rockets instead of the Bobcats?

I mean he took the Sixers to the ship with AI and Deke, too bad they didn't win. But I mean damn how much more qualified do you have to be, winning with Detroit and also winning in the college ranks.

If he made the decision not to interview, then I respect his decision but if this is our fault than shame on us... Really.

17. tcadriel

tcadriel Member

Too soon to try to cut Adelman's throat. As much as I hated some of the decisions he's made (or lack of), to this team he still has my support. As much as a Steve Francis supporter I am and as much as it felt like a kick in the gut to trade Steve and not give him a opportunity to show what he still has left in the take, I still support Rick and most of his decisions. IMO Tracy is alot of the problem and "NO" coach IMO could change his personality and motivational drive. He has been slow to pull the trigger on on some subtitions, but it seems like he trying to get the team to find the chemistry within themselves and work threw the lapses themselves.

18. DaronMalakian

DaronMalakian Member

Would be absolutely stupid to fire Adelman.

Anyway, Dwayne Casey would be my favourite.

Still, Adelman.

19. SpiffyRifi

SpiffyRifi Member

What if his "strength" is a weakness? If he played his starters because he's a "player's coach" and wanted to give them a chance to win the game, then that's a mistake.

And yes, the team played with no intensity - so you can put that on the players for the first half. But what the hell happened at half time? Did the player's coach get all touchy feely with them and tell them everything would be alright or did he try to light a fire under them?

Coaches don't do very much in the NBA - but the good ones figure out how to get the most out of their players and make good substitutions down the stretch. This last game showed Adelman could do neither.

20. battousai

battousai Member

adelman is still the best coach for the players we got.

I thought anyone else would be able to control artest the way adelman did.

what we need is a better asistant coach surrounding adelman.