1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

AutoCAD (training, certification)

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ROXTXIA, Mar 9, 2020.

1. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Anyone here AutoCAD trained (no, I'm not offering a job)?

I'm a Technical Writer and when my manager asked if I wanted any sort of training that might help the company, I mentioned AutoCAD. He perked up and is all in; he was looking for someone with AutoCAD the day before but all the engineers with experience tend to get too busy in other work. He even says the company will pay for me to learn the program.

While I wait for one of these dudes at work to send me a link on some AutoCAD training (I don't know if it's extensive training or "meh", ignoring the basics or whatnot), did anyone here get training or certification? I see online courses that might do the trick but want to be realistic.

2. geeimsobored

geeimsobored Contributing Member

UH Downtown has in person classes (and online ones) that are geared towards this sort of scenario.

3. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

I took a weeklong course and recieved some type of basic certification. We kind of skipped over the basics as we have had the viewers for years but it was useful for manipulating piping systems. Companies can come in and teach a group or you can take a few semesters of it to really get proficient. It really depends on what he needs done.

4. Air Yordan

Air Yordan Member

Yes. It’s EZ
    and better than working at Chipotle

5. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I took Autocad courses a long time ago and have been learning stuff by osmosis since. Autocad isn’t a very intuitive program and there are a lot of ways to do things. That said picking up the basics isn’t hard but it’s difficult to master.

I learned Revit a few years ago by watching videos on YouTube and within a month got enough that people in my office were asking me to help them w en though they had taken classes.