1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Auto Loans Financing - not Car Dealerships

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by agslai, Jan 31, 2012.

1. agslai

agslai Contributing Member

Sup fellas,

Planning to get a used or new car in the next month. Does anyone used other auto financing places other then the dealerships?

I have read carbuytips.com and they suggested Capital One Auto Finance, Up2Drive.com, and myautoloan.com......not sure if they are still in business as 2 of the sites I mentioned have old webpages.......

I wanted to have leverage going in knowing that I qualify for a certain rate before going into the dealership and having them tell me i must buy extended warranty if I want this rate or instead of the 0% APR we give u 6.9% BS......

Thanks...

2. Hammer755

Hammer755 Contributing Member

Credit Unions are a good place to secure a car loan. The last couple of cars I purchased, I made arrangements with my credit union beforehand and the dealership matched my offer to keep the financing in-house.

3. agslai

Do u have to open an account with these credit union first? Do they require direct deposit?

4. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

Houston Federal Credit Union. Just open an account and put 50 bucks in it or whatever. Then you can apply for a loan there. Credit Unions have the best rates most of the time and really easy to work with. Used them 2 times for car loans.

5. agslai

What kinda rates did u get from the credit unions? If u dont mind me asking?

6. Prince

Prince Member

credit union.

7. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

Of course it depends on your credit but if you have prime credit you can get 1.99 for new or used for 36 Months and all the way up to 3.75% for 84 Months.

https://www.houstonfcu.org/home/rates/personal

8. doboyz

doboyz Contributing Member

us navy federal or penfed.

9. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Best place to buy a Washer Dryer set

I'm not looking for best brand opinions just where to go for the best deal.

Sears and Home Depot both are offering a 10% discount to beat anyone else on the same model. Anyone have luck with this and wish to share their story?

Anyone bought one online? I noticed Amazon sells W/Ds....

Thanks!

10. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Wrong thread.....
    :(
    I have heard good things about Capital One online auto financing though...

11. Mack

Mack Contributing Member

My mother just bought a car with a loan from First Community Credit Union. She got a 1.84% APR rate for 60 months.

Some dealerships told her that the price was only good if she got a loan from them. I've been told they get a rebate if they convince the customer to use in-house financing.

My mother bought from a dealership that not only allowed her to use outside financing for the same price, but actually streamlined the process - she doesn't even have to go to the credit union again to fill out additional paperwork.

12. smoove shoez

smoove shoez Member

The credit union also offers the extended warranty and gap insurance alot cheaper than the dealership.

13. agslai

thanks guys....this will really help me when i neogioate with dealerships....

14. smoove shoez

smoove shoez Member

Look over the contract real good. I think you can take the contract home from dealership before you sign it.