1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Austin viewing get together

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Showtyme11, Dec 10, 2012.

1. Showtyme11

Showtyme11 Member

Where is everyone gonna watch the game in Austin? Where's a good place to watch the game?

2. the futants

the futants Contributing Member

Home. Alone. Locked in the TV room with a cooler of beer.

3. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

The best place to watch the game in Austin is at Lavaca Street Bar. It's the official viewing party location, and is always a great time. On game days it is full of die hard fans, and the Texans send merchandise each week that is raffled off at halftime. My wife won an autographed Watt picture during week 1!

I'd be there tonight, but I have a pregnant wife so likely just watching the game at home.

There's a Texans Fans in Austin group on Facebook that's a good resource. Most of the people on there will be at Lavaca - https://www.facebook.com/groups/austintexan/

4. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Have you not learned the best thing about having a pregnant wife?

preggo = designated driver

5. conundrum

conundrum Rookie

Lavaca St is your best bet, I usually watch there.

Tonight I am meeting some friends in north Austin that are Texans fans that live in Round Rock who don't want to make the trip south.

Weirdos it is, if anyone wants to join.

6. BigBird

BigBird Contributing Member

I watched the SEC championship game at Cuatro's in West Campus and the atmosphere was pretty good. I imagine for a Texans game it would be fun considering the amount of Houston kids at UT.

7. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

Ha, yes and I've taken full advantage of it on several occasions.

Actually I just mentioned it to her and she said she'd be up for going somewhere tonight. We may head down to Lavaca. Only problem is we're in the North part of town now, so it will be a b**** getting down there.

8. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

If anyone else on the north side is interested, I might be able to shake free for the evening, too.

Futants, I'm looking at you.

9. BetterThanI

BetterThanI Contributing Member

I may be able to make it. Unsure of schedule at this point. Would love to watch the Texans take sole possession of the best record in the NFL with come fellow CF'ers.

10. -Rockets

-Rockets Member

New to the city, anyone else going there alone?

11. Showtyme11

Showtyme11 Member

Thank you everyone for your suggestions, ill either go to Lavaca St Bar or watch at a friends place

12. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

Hijacking this watch party thread because I don't want to start another.

I'm in Van Nuys, CA this week for work, and will probably be watching the game at Springbok Bar & Grill unless someone has a better idea or knows of an LA area watch party. Come on down if you're in the LA area.