1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Austin Rivers response to Game 6

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rockets13champs, Jun 6, 2019.

1. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

Curry took 3 shots & Harden took 1 (fouls aren't shot attempts). Harden's primary role is to shoot & score the ball. He's done it all regular season including last season. For him to make a conscious decision to take one shot in the last 7 minutes of game 5, especially without KD, makes him a quitter. Remember his sole purpose is too be aggressive

The excuses you make for Harden are becoming quite disgusting. I'm embarrassed for you

2. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

Lmao now you know what’s in his head gtfoh. To someone who knows the game they’re called reasons not excuses. But carry on, funny how he quit yet was playing great defense.
    I don’t know why I entertain idiots.

Hard_foul likes this.
  3. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

Great defense??? Rewind the tape & see who was losing Klay on screens & in transition. Get off 2K and actually watch a basketball game for once kid!!

LosPollosHermanos likes this.
  4. Blurr#7

Lmao kid?? boy I’ll ground your ass. I’ve watched that game no less than 6 times. In the 4th quarter Clay hit a tough two over Harden around 7 minute mark. He never had a transition basket as a matter of fact. Harden was matched up with him once after that. Shumpert had the assignment, the 3 Clay hit was on a offensive rebound with Shumpert defending.
    It’s a no win with Harden haters, he takes multiple shots then he’s a “ball hog” he makes the correct passes he “quit”.

biff17 likes this.
  5. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

If I'm a Harden hater you're one of his nutthuggers who's only purpose in life is to make sure his balls stay warm. Harden could walk off the court & quit mid game, and fans like you would still make excuses for him. Bottom line, he quit. He plays harder chasing personal records than he does when the season is on the line. He's had a HISTORY of quitting

LosPollosHermanos likes this.
  6. BeardNation13

BeardNation13 Member

There is always an excuse for Harden. It is what it is

When he gave up game 6 at HOME against a Spurs team without Kawhi and Tony Parker a few seasons ago, it was about some "bad elbow"

Bottomline: History has suggested he can't get it done in the playoffs as the #1 guy when the lights shine brightest and pressure is on.

Having said that, great regular season player, stats and all.

PeterKingX and LosPollosHermanos like this.
  7. Blurr#7

So by your logic he quit game 5 then unquit game 6? Y’all must be either stupid, ignorant or r****ded.
    Quit doesn’t mean what you think it does.
    And just like I’ve been saying, all these posters taking about “Harden quit” or “there’s always excuses” would’ve ran Dream out of the city before he won us two championships.
    Everything I’ve argued has actual basketball facts, y’all resort to that tired ass “HaRDen Is A qUiTtEr DeRp”.

8. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

That's the frustrating thing. He CAN get it done in the playoffs. But he CHOOSES to not compete in situations where the odds are in our favor. The game 6 against SA without Kawhi, he took only 2 shots in the 1st half. Game 5 with KD out he took one shot in the final 7 minutes. This is a guy who will chuck his way up to 60pts. We ain't going nowhere with him as our best player

Nelly and PeterKingX like this.
  9. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

You never understand Harden's mind.

Harden had great shooting percentage in G5, but he seemed that he would rather watch his teammates bricking than shoot the damn ball himself in 4th Q. Rockets could not get points that moments, Harden was just totally invisible, with Durant not playing.

This is so ****ing weird.

10. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

There is a video break down of that stretch of Harden consistently making the right passes out of double teams and our offense actually scored efficiently over the stretch. Our defense failed us.