1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Austin Rivers is killing it

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by watashi315, May 8, 2015.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Not really then tell me why hasn't it worked out?

Morey has been here since 2007. 8 years. Two 2nd rounds

He had at least 2 teams that could have gone to the Finals.

For whatever excuses they did not. Excuses will come every year. Wait for it.

Smart guy, if you have patience to wait another 5 years. Ok, fine. I am down with it.

2. hlcc

hlcc Member

Sounds pretty normal to me, the team have a tendency of making opponent SG scrubs look like superstars.

3. rocketsregle

rocketsregle Contributing Member

I thought he is coming off the bench as a point guard?

4. el_locoteee

el_locoteee Member

5. Zergling

Zergling Member

As far as Redick playing well, McHale is stupidly not starting Corey Brewer to chase Redick around. We have Terry doing that instead.

Nick Johnson could also be out there helping with the defensive load of chasing around Rivers and Redick. Befuddling that he's not getting any PT with Beverley missing.

6. NicktheBrick

NicktheBrick Member

No coaching, no defense and a worthless GM who works the media (incl Clutch) so nobody talks about it. The NBA fixed Game 2 for the Rockets else this series would be looking at an embarrassing sweep. The Rockets are, at best, the 5th-best team in the West and the 9th-best in the NBA.

7. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Stfu already.

8. SooneRockStro

SooneRockStro Member

Jason Terry's defensive liabilities finally got exposed in a huge way. I always assume CP3 would be the one to go off against him, but it was Redick for the most part. McHale thought he could hide Terry on Redick and he was very wrong. Jason Terry shouldn't be starting or getting huge minutes. Pablo should be starting with Brewer first off the bench. Nick Johnson should be getting Terry's minutes because all he can do is shoot 3s and he hasn't even done that very well in the playoffs.

9. J.R.

J.R. Member

All 25 of Austin Rivers points

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/DMoGkh1Z7ek" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

10. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

Dang J.R. You're going full-on sadist on us. :(

1 person likes this.
  11. basketballholic

No he's not. He's always had this ability to ball. It was simply a matter of getting him right mentally with his confidence and finding the right role and system for him.

This is not a fluke. He's going to be a pain in the neck for us defensively as neither Harden nor JET can check him and now the Clips are running screens for him ala Redick and he's getting the ball in the triple threat and abusing us. Gonna have to have Brewer check him and Brewer better bring some hustle which he did not last night.

12. MattM

MattM Member

Hah - actually when I saw him stirring the pot i thought to myself - THIS is the apex of the Clips. It's all downhill for the flippers. They will be crushed Sunday.

13. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

CHEF RIVERS

14. JeffB

JeffB Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The Rockets have had a consistent problem with letting perimeter scrubs have career nights against them. I respect Rivers' talent -- anyone in the NBA has some kind of potential to excel given the right variables. But this is a common occurrence versus this team. They just do it handle the perimeter defense well at times. I don't know if it is coaching and scheme vs. execution or what....

15. JeffB

JeffB Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The Rockets look soooo passive in those clips. Nobody deep in a defensive staff. Weakly working around screens. Getting out run in transition. Those are not talent problems.

I give Rivers credit for knocking down his open shots and attacking. But the Rockets helped the brother out with the red carpet through the lane treatment.

16. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Austin Rivers has made 46% of his jumpers in the playoffs, here's the effect that's had on his offensive efficiency. <a href="http://t.co/IxrPRljLa8">pic.twitter.com/IxrPRljLa8</a></p>&mdash; Synergy Sports Tech (@SynergySST) <a href="https://twitter.com/SynergySST/status/597046537345044480">May 9, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

17. J.R.

J.R. Member

:eek:

I hope Austin kills it while on the Rockets!

RocketsMAN! likes this.
  18. elmotsangtt

elmotsangtt Member

I like his 3 points