1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[austin] nightclub owner, associates to drug deals, militant Islamic group,

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by tinman, Mar 28, 2012.

1. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

There is a civil suit against them. They apparently believed that tips = commission and therefore the bartenders were 100% commission employees.

2. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

Possibly, however they weren't getting pay checks because they were being paid in cash.

3. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

Back in my day ('02 grad) Aquarium and Library were the biggest draws on Thursday night.

Now that dirty 6th is dying, it appears everyone hangs out on W 6th.

4. trueroxfan

trueroxfan Member

LOL, no that be f'ed up. I was the first person, they let me in I walked inside the door, but stopped to wait for them. Saw them get turned away because of their clothes and I left. I didn't want to be there anyways. Deuchy looking place. Everything is white with blue neon lights.

5. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

My wife and I had made it into somewhat of a tradition to go into Pure when we take friends down 6th for the first time, just because it's by far the douchiest club we've come across in the area. One time a few months back we were waiting in line to walk in, and the guys in front of us weren't allowed in. After a brief argument with the bouncer, they left. When we got up there we asked the bouncer why they couldn't get in, and his exact words were "Because they look like they're from Lebanon." I've been wondering WTF that meant this entire time, but it makes a bit more sense after reading the article.

6. trueroxfan

trueroxfan Member

Don't forget about Shakes man! So much better than Yassine's clubs. Go to West Sixth, The Ranch, Union Square, Etc. It's much chiller, I like it, I just don't have the money nor the desire to drink much so I never go anymore.

IMO Shakes is the best bar, it has a bar bar area, an atrium with live music, and a dance floor. Three seperate rooms, three different bars, all around a great place. I used to go with these 3 girls every Thur my Junior year we would just chill in the Atrium listening to acoustic renditions of Sublime. So chill.

I want to know if the properties are owned by Yassine and if so will they be auctioned off by the state? You could score some AMAZING property for a good price I bet. I wish I had the startup to start my own bar. Patty's II. The first night I would have a childs beauty pageant as a promotion...

jjjjjk

7. CCorn

CCorn Member

Even when you make tips, you get an hourly wage of like 2.13. After taxes you usually don't make anything, but they still should have been issuing pay checks.

8. s land balla

s land balla Contributing Member

But isn't the owner also from Lebanon? :confused:

Sectarian differences you mean?

9. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

pure isnt popular, pure sucks lol.

The only one that will be missed is TI and malaia (tons of people upstairs)

10. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

I was in Austin a few weeks ago and noticed Qua finally closed down. RIP sharks in the floor.

11. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

Yeah I don't know, maybe it makes even less sense now.

12. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Those dudes bought it and renamed it Hyde. I don't know if it was completely remodeled yet.

13. arjun

arjun Member

wow....ive been to pure and treasure island multiple times...

these guys should get shot in the head

wait..thats to ez, they should be stuck in Guantanamo bay for life.

14. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Wow - I have met them a few times - I am NOT surprised.

DD

15. Child_Plz

Child_Plz Member

They better not touch latitude, where would all the Asian people go????