1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Aussie going to first rockets game.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by blivo, Jan 7, 2010.

1. blivo

blivo Member

Hey guys, sorry if this isn't worth its own thread, but im Australian and im going to the states next week and im attending the Rox vs Heat game on 15th January and I am that excited that I was wondering if those who go regularly could just tell me a couple of things. Im getting pretty anxious and wanted to know what merchandise they sell, whats it like to sit with the Red Rowdies (as that is where im seated) and is there anything special for Rox fans before or after games? Sorry if im going to piss off all those fans that feel this forum is for the sole purpose of trying to justify why T-mac is the reason we haven't won a championship or proposing ludacris trade deals and then ripping on other fans because there ideas are just as stupid as the next. Thanks for your time guys, Ben

1 person likes this.
  2. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Bringin any dingos?

3. PeppermintCandy

Ludacris is a good rapper but his outside shot is suspect. I'd rather have Taylor or Wafer.

Bad joke. The Miami game should be a good one.

4. eckostylez

eckostylez Member

Before the game they have lots of activities at the main entrance of the Toyota Center (La Branch and Polk). I think that might be something you can enjoy, as it is very exciting to partake in these before entering the arena.

5. Christopher

Christopher Member

Enjoy it champ.

I'm hoping to get over to a game some time next year. Will be nice to watch us play as defending champs!

6. Takeoff

Takeoff Member

check out the rockets store, if your circle the bottom level you will find it ,its badass they have anything you will want in there (**** aint cheap though)

sitting with the rowdies will be badass though im sure you'll love it, be prepared to lose some of your hearing though :grin:

7. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

Have fun. I'm cool with the thread, travelling across the earth to check out a game. All kinds or merch to choose from.

8. varuscelli

varuscelli Contributing Member

Get ready for a lot noise, fun and excitement. Get there really early so you don't miss a thing (figure out how to get to your seats, then walk around, see Toyota Center and get a feel for the place). Stay a bit late to savor the experience. Let the crowd filter out of the arena before you leave (no use fighting crowds leaving when you can take a more leisurely pace by being patient) -- you'll see more and get to take real advantage of your time there.

9. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

I think its great when fans from out of the country come in to see the Rockets.

SmeggySmegg did this several years ago (that I know of) and would be a great resource for info. He came from Australia as well and many of the ClutchFans members met him, I think HeyPartner knows him best but I'm not sure. Anyway there are some members here who should be able to help.

10. Aussie_Fozzey

Aussie_Fozzey Member

ahhhh im so jelous!!!! :(
    im definatly coming over to watch a rockets game!
    NUMBER ONE ROCKETS FAN IN AUSTRALIA!
    quote that! :D

i wish the rockets would come here though :p

11. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

They have a big party outside before the game with all kinds of stuff going on. The doors typically open an hour and half before game time, so if you want to look around the stadium and take photos and what not go in early.

The Rocket Shop will have a lot of stuff for you to blow your cash on. I'd go before the actual game, think they open around 1ish on game day if I remember correctly, so you don't have to lug around a ton of bags during the actual game.

Me and the wife are going to this game as well, coming from Dallas so not as far. :grin:

Hope you enjoy it man, think it'll be a hellva game!

12. redracer1

redracer1 Member

Welcome to Houston! About one hour or maybe 30 mins. before the game go to the top floor. There's a mini playground there, you'll gonna see some interesting things there as well as some of the Rockets Power Dancers. There's a photographer that will take your picture with them or if you have a digicam that would be better unless you want to spend some bucks to have them put your photo in memorabilias like a mug, t-shirt, etc.. Since you're sitting with the Red Rowdies you can join them in their pregame noise barrage parade.

Hope you'll a have good time!

13. dianap07

dianap07 Member

you should try and get autographs from the players while they're practicing. you can do that about an hour and a half before game time. then you can join the rowdies when they do their romp. that usually happens half an hour before game begins. You'll have fun...we're a great group of fans :grin:

14. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Sarcasm wins...

15. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

lol at the fact that this was the first post.

16. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

So you think we should trade T-mac then? :p

Seriously though, hope you REALLY enjoy the game! Can't wait to one day head over myself and attend a game!

Side note - seems to be a really high number of Rockets fans in Australia - it's been that way for the last 20 years or so (that I can remember). I'd say we're on of the more popular teams in Aus (behind the Lackers).

17. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

be prepared to spend money if you plan to buy food, it is pricey just for a drink and hot dog. But it's a fun experience. Get there early!

18. QdoubleA

QdoubleA Member

Get there about an hour early and just walk the bottom level a couple of times. You get your hands on some free merch like towels and shirts, you can get your face painted and some of the cooler aisle attendants will let you get close to the court and watch warmups if you tell em "hey i just wanna go down to the rail and watch". Good thing your sitting with the rowdies, it kinda takes away from the experience when your sitting around a bunch of people just chillin and not really gettin into it.

19. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

Smeggy came a couple of times, the one you are talking about was when he came thru on his honeymoon and HP setup a bunch of activities so Smeg and Mrs Smeg could meet and greet with a bunch of members from here.

It was a ton of fun and the Smeg's are about the nicest people you could ever hope to meet.

20. RedRacer

RedRacer Contributing Member

Dude.. about your forum name .... Dibs on that in 99' .!! .. :grin: Do I know u in RL and did u received unintended mail?