1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ausar Vs. Amen Thompson

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by groovemachine, May 26, 2023.

?

Who will be the better pro?

1. Ausar

40 vote(s)
    22.0%
  2. Amen

142 vote(s)
    78.0%
  1. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Why is it no contest? I'm on the Ausar bandwagon now

Jontro and daywalker02 like this.
  2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I was not aware, am just glad this whole thing is over in a few hours......onto Summer League.

3. SuperKev

SuperKev Contributing Member

We went with Amen so hopefully he can learn to shoot. He has a lot of the rest of the package.

4. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

He literally spelled it out for you in the most simple explanation possible.

You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink.

5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

[​IMG]

So much alike....

i3artow i3aller and saleem like this.
  6. 9baller

9baller Member

There's going to be mayhem on here if Ausar gets MVP of summer league.

RasaqBoi likes this.
  7. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

I’ll say it again, I know nothing about scouting and watched almost nothing on either of the twins but I absolutely know what side to take when some of these posters open their mouth. Thompson twins look legit.

With that said, I’m also looking forward to Jalen Green’s hall of fame career. You can pretty much book that now.

8. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Watching Ausar dunk while on the way up makes me feel ok. It looks just like our franchise guy.

9. OremLK

OremLK Member

Have any of Ausar's individual games been significantly better than the one game Amen got to play in?

They're both going to be really good players though

vince likes this.
  10. roslolian

roslolian Member

Nah the problem is both of you are acting like asts in OTE is the same as an ast in the NBA.

11. dfbreyes

dfbreyes Member

Jalen Green and Kevin Porter Jr. for Ausar Thompson.

Rockets get the Thompson twins.

vince and Y2JT like this.
  12. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Throw in Jabari and Sengun as filler and you got a deal.

#132 fchowd0311, Jul 15, 2023
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2023
    Ancient Moabite and anthony59237 like this.
  13. invocux

invocux Member

51-49 Ausar since he can shoot a little better.

14. OremLK

OremLK Member

In terms of the eye test, I haven't seen anything that surprised me yet. Ausar is going to be a really great off-ball player who can fit in well with any team by doing all the little things. Amen is the better playmaker and primary ballhandler. They're very similar in terms of their physical traits, and the gap in athleticism is too small to matter that much--they'll both be among the best athletes in the NBA.

I don't know which of the two will have the better career, but I still think we made the right choice. On raw talent, they're very close, as you would expect. Amen's strengths/areas of focus fit what we need better.

For what it's worth, I also think Detroit got a good deal here. Amen overlaps too much with Cade's skillset. Ausar fits better on their team.

Y2JT likes this.
  15. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

We better be the better team and have cap room when they hit free agency because my guess is they will want to pair up again.

16. vince

vince Member

One thing is certain, a 6’7” elite point guard with defensive chops is the white elephant in the room, and the player everyone covets on their team. You just don’t pass up on that type of potential.

I like both Thompson twins, but the fact Amen is a floor general, in my opinion, gives him the edge.

17. madbomber

madbomber Rox4Life! #FreeJVG

It’s funny, everyone getting hyped about “ Victor is a 7’4” center that’s does all things and can move fast “

How about 6”7’ PG that’s faster than most under 6’ players that can do things too ?!

18. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

Not a bad observation to make.

AroundTheWorld and groovemachine like this.
  19. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

I gotta admit - I have been watching Ausar in Summer Leagues specifically to get more of a feel for Amen. I recognize they probably have slightly different skill sets but they really do move on the court similarly and seem to have similar ways of processing the game

rockets1995 and AroundTheWorld like this.
  20. BreakYoSelfFool

Ausar already won every MVP & Finals MVP since the inception of the Overtime Elite. It should not even be a surprise if Ausar won Summer league MVP over Amen with Amen healthy.

Both guys are very similar and play a lot alike. The also both seem to have the same work ethic, leadership, and bbiq. They also have mostly the same training, so their skillsets are not that much different. Their stats in OTE were almost identical, with Ausar's just a little better. Amen has played point more, and is more experienced at PG now, but the passing and Bball IQ is the same. Amen does look to be a more explosive leaper, but I think they both have identical athleticism they just use it differently.

Personally, I think that both twins could end up as point guards/ point forwards by the time it is all said and done. Both guys could play and guard 3 or 4 positions, it really depends on how they are utilized. To be expected of guys who molded themselves after Lebron James and willed themselves to be 6'7 from a vision board. I think it is rare to see 2 twins with such similar drive and competitiveness. Both these guys are like a coach's dream, Monty Williams said he's already trying to set Ausar up with his daughter.

OremLK likes this.