1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ausar Vs. Amen Thompson

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by groovemachine, May 26, 2023.

?

Who will be the better pro?

1. Ausar

40 vote(s)
    22.0%
  2. Amen

142 vote(s)
    78.0%
  1. i3artow i3aller

[​IMG]

2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I'm happy that he's looking good, it's clear he's put a LOT of work into his shot.....let's face it, it's nice to have a rookie that no one has to make excuses for isn't it?

3. OremLK

OremLK Member

They're both so good, man. Their length, quickness, and fluidity as athletes just makes it look effortless for them to make an impact on the court. Also maybe undersold is their rebounding. They're both going to pick up a lot of triple doubles once they seize starting roles.

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Looks like Siamese twin stats, scary. wack.....it would be interesting to see how much more minutes Ausar plays than Amen.

i3artow i3aller and OremLK like this.
  5. i3artow i3aller

To think this is the worst the twins will ever look is downright frightening.
    Amen & Ausar are flourishing off of natural instinct and ability at this stage.

[​IMG]

6. grednotto

grednotto Member

Imagine if a team would have found a way to draft both of them

7. i3artow i3aller

Lesser Ben Simmons?!
    Peon's better than both Amen & Ausar?!
    [​IMG]

Ancient Moabite likes this.
  8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I never just assume that guys will radically improve their shooting because so few do. If Amen ends up beating the odds, it's a good thing, right?

9. KingSamJack

KingSamJack Member

both twins have that kobe mentality they will be amazing for years to come.

cheke64 and i3artow i3aller like this.
  10. Jontro

Jontro Member

dam which one is which frfr?

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

[​IMG]

Ancient Moabite and Jontro like this.
  12. Jontro

Jontro Member

would not.

their younger sis doooe. the witch

13. apollo33

apollo33 Member

But that's not really true. Most players improve their shooting throughout their career, some more than others. It's not a crazy odds you have to beat as a 20 year old. Ben Simmons is the anomaly here.

14. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

I was very impressed with Amen’s instincts and passes this preseason. He is going to quickly become my second favorite player to watch on this squad.

don grahamleone likes this.
  15. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

Thank you for starting these post in video ad

i3artow i3aller likes this.
  16. i3artow i3aller

You assumed Amen and Ausar were busts.
    You assumed Jalen and Jabari were trash,
    You assumed Peon Porter was a star.

[​IMG]

Ancient Moabite and daywalker02 like this.
  17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Most players don't go from looking like a middle school B team player shooting the ball at 19-20 years old to being a quality NBA shooter, Ben Simmons is the rule.....but I get that there are blind homers who always assume every player is the exception and if they do that often enough, they'll eventually be right about it....but that's just not my way.

I'm a Rockets fan, so I'm hoping Amen turns out to be the exception just like the blind homers, the difference is that I wasn't going to just assume it would happen, my expectations were low and I'll be pleasantly surprised if he exceeds them. I'm already happy about what I'm seeing from him on defense, so hopefully he keeps it up.

18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

When you have to lie, it kills any credibility you might have.

I stated that the low level of competition Amen and Ausar played against along with their struggles even at that level would give them a VERY high chance to bust....and that's true. If they overcome the odds, that's awesome but it doesn't change anything about what the odds are.

I've stated that Jabari and Jalen have played like trash.....because that's factually accurate.

I said KPJ was the 2nd best player on the Rockets last year.....because he was.

Sorry kid, you just don't have anything to work with here. If Smith and Green start playing well for the first time in their careers it'll be awesome, but it won't mean they didn't play like trash to start their careers. If KPJ never plays again due to off court stupidity, it won't change the fact that he was the second best player on the team last season.

19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I do not really care about if he is the 2nd best player because he barely played, he played like 50 games and was absent 30 games.

The gap between the 2nd player and the 3rd and 4th is really not noteworthy.

He could very well just miss the entire season and spend time in a hotel.

20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I'm not saying anyone has to care....the point was just that a factual statement about a player being the 2nd best on the roster doesn't become inaccurate when that player does dumb **** off the court that ruins their career.

Also, let's not talk about the gap between the 2nd best last season and the 3rd and 4th, let's talk about the gap between the 2nd and Green and Smith....that's VERY noteworthy. Those 2 were flat out garbage last season.....another thing that will be true even if they turn their careers around.

I was taking issue with a dishonest poster, not really trying to go through all those old, irrelevant arguments again. If ANY player on the Rockets looks good, I'll be happy about it, I'm not one of those "player first/player only" agenda type people, it's ALWAYS team first.