1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ausar Vs. Amen Thompson

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by groovemachine, May 26, 2023.

?

Who will be the better pro?

1. Ausar

40 vote(s)
    22.0%
  2. Amen

142 vote(s)
    78.0%
  1. roslolian

roslolian Member

Amen is way ahead of the curve in terms of shooting either the new shooting coach is legendary or my guess is Amen never really worked on his shot/had bad training coaches before.

It's impossible he worked on his shot for 2 yrs and had little to no improvement then magically fixes it all in a couple of months. It's not just that though he was bricking vs high school kids and then now he is shooting middies and 3s vs NBA comp.

Jontro, vince, linvetb6 and 1 other person like this.
  2. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Thoroughly enjoying this thread take its turns from game to game. :D

3. apollo33

apollo33 Member

He's probably still not a good shooter, I would say somewhere around Tate's level or just slightly below. There's no magic fix for shooting, but I always thought his lack of shooting in OTE is exaggerated. Most players who enter into the league improve their shooting just through pure repetition, but then they hit a ceiling at some point no matter how hard they practice. It's unknown what that ceiling is for Amen, I am going to be optimistic and say 34-35% eventually.

4. PeppermintCandy

Ausur plays like the quintessential small forward in a complementary role. And he's in an ideal setting playing next to Cunningham on a team with few expectations.

Amen might be the more talented sibling, but he's trying to be a point guard, probably the most difficult position to learn in the NBA. His learning curve will likely be steeper, and it might take a few seasons, but the payoff will be bigger if it works out.

5. OremLK

OremLK Member

I still think De'Aaron Fox is a good comp in terms of the shooting and quickness (Amen is way taller/longer/maybe a better passer). It'll never be a major weapon for him but I think it can be just good enough to squeak by given his other insane talents.

roslolian and apollo33 like this.
  6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

7. roslolian

roslolian Member

We should have had both lol. How insane would our draft be if we got the Twins and Cam?

8. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Learning more about him and seeing how he works i wouldnt rule out shooting becoming a strength.

His shot has come a long way already.

With a couple more off seasons under his belt he could surprise us.

9. CertifiedTroll

Man, I wonder what it would take to trade for Ausur..

SamFisher likes this.
  10. MystikArkitect

These kids are savants. They don't look or play their age. What I love about both is that they aren't stat obsessed like 99.99% of the players that are coming out these days. They just take whatever the games give them.

11. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Amen

Invisible Fan and Jontro like this.
  12. OremLK

OremLK Member

Stranger things have happened--like Lonzo Ball becoming a 37% three point shooter in his third year and sticking above that level until injuries ruined his career. However, I think it's more likely it will be a long, slow process like most other players with broken mechanics, and he'll probably be average at best during his prime years as a result. Would be glad to be wrong though, and I think he'll be a great player without or without a really good jump shot.

xtruroyaltyx and Ancient Moabite like this.
  13. FLAGRANT1

FLAGRANT1 Member

Kyle Lowry fixed his shooting while with the Rockets

Ancient Moabite and Williamson like this.
  14. Jontro

Jontro Member

maybe trade green + filler for ausar. breh is as one dimensional as it gets and probably won't ever be a top 20 player. maybe green + kjm + tari for ausar

15. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Ausar has so many intangibles. Reminds of Igoudala but faster and taller.

16. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Iggy and Thompson twins actually measured the same exact height barefoot at combine. Almost identical wingspans too, and as for faster, it’s been a while but remember that young Iggy was a GOAT level athlete.

The twins fros have to add 2-3 inches of height on TV because they look bigger then what they measured at

17. dmenacela

dmenacela Contributing Member

Looked like the passer already saw Cade open but Ausar showing IQ for sure.

18. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Ausar definitely looks better right now, but even though I am really stupid, I'm not quite stupid enough to declare the future of 20 year olds based off 4 preseason games.

I'll be excited to watch both of them for several years.

Ancient Moabite likes this.
  19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

20. highpost1388

highpost1388 Member

These kids are both going to be special. Really excited to see them battle when we have our mini-rivalry games with Detroit.

Ancient Moabite likes this.