1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Audio] Rick Adelman not thrilled with how T-Mac handled it

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 18, 2009.

1. YallMean

YallMean Member

Well nobody especially high-paid athletes would volunteer to undergo a possible career ending surgery just to be lazy.

It bugs me though that there were reports he was partying in Vegas over the weekend, so it seems he is not as depressed if not devastated as a person in that situation should be. This is very odd. A freaking season ending surgery, possible a career ending one was made decision of without the coach get involved, especially when team doctor said he was OK previously. This is unethical to say the least.

2. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Dude, you are so wrong. All he had to do was keep his mouth shut. What should T-Mac have done? Nothing! Don't talk. Wow. Difficult for T-Mac huh? Shut the F up. So hard! T-Bag would respond "No, the pain was so great, I had to let my secret out to the world IMMEDIATELY!" Wuss ass blabbermouth selfish manipulative diva biotch T-Bag. Advice to T-Bag: talk to your coach about Rockets-related stuff before you talk to the internet.

3. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

He has had a habit of slacking first half of the seasons he has played in.

On top of that, by the end of this year he will have taken a total of 3 years off.

So, McGrady, elite welfare collector, is more than capable of doing it, especially because he is going to get paid regardless.

4. deadlybulb

deadlybulb Contributing Member

I'm burning my Tmac fatthead in effigy.

I'm not joking. :mad: :mad: :mad:

5. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

He has let the coach and GM/ownership down. He had very little trade value but announcing that he will go under surgery has ruined whatever little chance of a trade there was. This is unethical,worse than Pippen. Pippen said he wanted out of town but at least we got something for him.(CD could have gotten J.O'Neal instead of Cato but that's another story).

The Rockets should force him to sit out till his contract gets off the books. That is the only solution.

6. redao

redao Member

[​IMG]

Hi guys, calm down. I will be back.

7. stroker

stroker Member

I've been a big Traci fan for the entire time he's been here but this was handled in an erratic, devious and selfcentered way that has me thinking that Traci has such an enormous ego that when he found out he had been shopped and there were actual deals on the table being discussed about him, it rocked his fragile foundation.

I have to admit when I heard the Rockets were trying to deal Traci to NJ and there were actual trade proposals I was shocked but really relieved that his many injuries and setbacks were finally going to be terminated via trade.

I can no longer wear his jersey, and I've lost a ton of respect for him as a player in addition to the respect I had started to lose for his game about a year ago when he'd start games shooting 1-6. 2-10 and then finish in a flurry in the second half on a hot streak. He's been a streaky shooter for some time now and now the way he's manipulated the media for his gain and misled the Rocket nation is the last straw.

He's a brittle, egotistical, punk who I think is ego led and in a state of confusion and panic after hearing of his name actually being in a trade this soon. He's in panic and damage control mode at the expense of everyone who loves the Rockets, is handling things very classless and in a very selfish manner and his karma will come back to given him back the negative energy he's released. There's a reason he's always hurt.....

He's now up there with Quitten and Bonzi for worst and most hated all time Rockets IMO. I'm glad we can move on like coach said....

8. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Tracy is a coward

9. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Tell that to all Rocket players. Of course he should have kept his mouth shut, but all players talk. Rafer, Artest, everyone.

I'm wrong? No, I'm just a fan and not a blind hater who sees everything on one side.

10. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Tell me a player who announced one day before the trade deadline that he's getting surgery that will take him out for maybe a year. AND he did it without consulting his coach. What am I blind to exactly? Specifics please. I just gave you specifics.

11. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I personally have given him the benefit of the doubt through every bizaare turn in deference to what he has done as a Rocket...but this??? Going to the media before your team, the management, or anyone?

It's just classless and there's no other way to put it. I'm a Rockets fan, and part of rooting for t-mac is that he respects the team and organization I am loyal to.

Dis the Rockets, and you dis me as a fan. Rockets above any one player.

I'm done with the guy, he pulled his last shennanigan.

12. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Don't change your point.

You asked him to keep his mouth shut, and you said that was all he had to do, and I agree, but I'm also telling you all Rockets players talk and say the wrong/right things, not just McGrady.

This was the original point, and this IS specific, I'm not going to digress and somehow get to some topic completely unrelated.

13. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Fine, I'm not mad at you. I'm saying, this is not a lil ol' secret. Artest calling out T-Mac is not the same as T-Mac announcing he's getting microfracture surgery without consulting his coach.

14. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

I thought it didn't matter? Doesn't he have a no-trade clause in his contract? Regardless a trade wouldn't have happened if Tmac wasn't 100% down for it.

15. The Word

The Word Member

"... and be ready to 'impose my will' on the game again."

16. Exiscion

Exiscion Member

When I heard that he was out for the season, I thought he would have already told the coaches, his teammates, and the organization about it before making it public. It's shocking and disgusting that he would tell this first to a guy from ESPN and not his coaches and teammates. This revelation and the timing (just before the trading deadline) of his announcement makes its a little suspicious .

17. lewzhy

lewzhy Member

oh man,i miss isiah thomas :D

18. joesr

joesr Member

thxs for the audio clutch

19. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

And Raheel.

DD

20. rocketman101

rocketman101 Member

i got a question,first post....

is it possible that tmac can say he got the surgery,but really did NOT, and just hang out on some island for 1 year partying while all of us,(including morey and media) think he had the surgery and that he is rehabbing

then, tmac can next year blackmail the rockets and say "im back from rehabbing but i dont want to play on rockets ,trade me to lakers for 2nd round pick or else i refused to play for any team"

will morey have the balls to hold onto him like a prisoner and force a "healthy" tmac next year to be on IR just out of spite?

from what i know, agents of players and the player union can do things to stop teams from ruining players careers...he might end up like marbury, but see, no team WANTS marburys attitude, but i could see the orlando or lakers wanting tmac next year for pennies on the dollar