1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Audio: Patrick Beverley very optimistic about 2013-14 return (UPDATE: No surgery, will return this s

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 29, 2014.

1. amaru

amaru Member

2. Doktor Mndbndr

Looked like a low speed collision at a normal (and not awkward) angle to me. Thus, hope.

3. impressivegol

impressivegol Member

Although it probably shouldn't, my expectations for this postseason hinge on what happens here. Who woulda thought this a year ago, Patrick f***ing Beverly being the key to. Postseason run. Here's hoping to good news.

4. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

May the basketball gods seek mercy on us.

5. d12babymamas

d12babymamas Member

so any update yet?

6. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

This guy is unbelievable! I didn't tear anything, I just knocked knees.

[​IMG]

7. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

It's pretty freakin pitiful that Lin is sooo bad as a starter that we gotta hope Beverley is Wolverine lmao...

8. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

Without Bev out, we have AAU reach (Harden) and teach (Lin) at the 1 and 2 trying to play D. We're done!

9. JonRetro

JonRetro Contributing Member

would not risk his career for 1 postseason.. even if we are a firstround out, much rather have patbev on the longrun..

10. RocketScientist

RocketScientist Contributing Member

I will sacrifice my basketball post-season wishes for a human's long term health. It is just a game.

11. pwnyxpress

pwnyxpress Contributing Member

Would you feel differently if the player injured were Harden, Howard or Parsons? Along with Bev, those are the starting players that imo would really affect playoff chances/results if they were injured, but that's not saying much. On most contending teams, taking out one of the starters will hurt your playoff chances considerably...

12. pwnyxpress

pwnyxpress Contributing Member

It's meniscus surgery, not heart surgery. But yes, I don't think Bev should sacrifice his long term career to just make the post-season...he hasn't gotten paid yet and he's still young. If he were 30 and already got the $$$, I'd say take those suckers out and make it to the post-season! That's not the case, however...

13. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

I say, let him make his choice.;)

14. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p><a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Wolverine&amp;src=hash">#Wolverine</a></p>&mdash; Patrick Beverley (@patbev21) <a href="https://twitter.com/patbev21/statuses/450674245556011008">March 31, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I have a feeling Bev is going to try and come back this season. I hope he can but not if it jeopardizes his future. Be smart Bev!

15. J.R.

J.R. Member

↑ ↑ ↑

16. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Guess Pat wasn't just pumping out sunshine... can't stress how good of news this is.

17. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

Totally agree, I'm pumped. I started texting the news to my friends. I was very concerned about the season after the initial news broke. Hopefully PBev can come back and give us close to 100%. Game on.

18. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

Great news! Bev is crucial to this team, glad he didn't need surgery.

19. Nook

Nook Member

Amen.

After Beverley came back too soon earlier this season I thought he was just being too optimistic.

Having Beverley to guard Westbrook, Paul, Parker, Lillard, and Conley is huge!

20. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

Beverley becomes my favorite player in this team after that dunk. I really hope that his current injure will not effect his long term career in this team.