1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Audio: Patrick Beverley very optimistic about 2013-14 return (UPDATE: No surgery, will return this s

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 29, 2014.

1. Raven

Raven Member

Feisty.

:grin:

2. d12babymamas

d12babymamas Member

Good news. We'll need him especially against Westbrick

3. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

i have built a spreadsheet which answers this based on Bevs current peformance vs what other point guards that make over 5 million make and heres the answer

[​IMG]

so maybe either your prediction is off or my data is off, by my math he should get something around 3.1 million based on his current production and what other point guards make/thier performance with a max and mi of anything around 2.3-4.5ish million

4. Rox11

Rox11 Member

5. Koperboy

Koperboy Member

So he will have chronic knee problems in his 30s like Wade as opposed to DRose or Westbrook who took longer approach? Bledsoe also had same meniscus tear and treated it like Wade.

6. makio9

makio9 Member

This kid never seizes to amaze me. Amazing guy with an amazing attitude.

7. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

I've tried to support him but you are right, he is scared and I think he does not want to be out there. I don't think he was good to begin with, the run he had in NY, was just that, a good run but anyone who thinks he's a NBA basketball player is kidding themselves.

8. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I would hope not. That would be a foolish move on his part.

9. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

So where did they get Meniscus tear from? Sounds like he just bumped knees...

DD

10. danielcp0303

danielcp0303 Member

I love that bit of sound..."nobody is taking anything out of me" I'd say the exact same thing

11. danielcp0303

danielcp0303 Member

He seems very upbeat about the whole thing...I'd be balled up in the corner wondering if I could ever be mediocre at pick up games again

12. amaru

amaru Member

if it really is a menicus tear, he needs to sit down and heal the right way

13. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

That's what worries me most. I don't want players who are too small for the stage, or wilt when the going gets tough.

14. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Love his heart, but I'm glad there are people who can prevent him from getting on the court if that is the best course of action. Didn't McHale get that limp from playing through injury?

15. acjeitherocket

wow. thats some dam great news!!! hope he is back soon. the Basketball Gods know we need him

16. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

We desperately need Patrick, but not at the cost of possibly ruining his career in the long run. Of course, if it turns out that it's OK for Bev to play come playoff time, outstanding!

17. meh

meh Contributing Member

As long as it doesn't affect the rest of his career, I'd be good with him returning for the playoffs. But if it's going to cause him permanent damage, then he should just have surgery and be done with the season. I'm really not a proponent of players shortening their careers even for a playoff run.

18. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

You could say that interview gives us A New Hope.

19. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

I really want Bev to have a seat. Hoping they make a decision that will benefit him beyond the postseason.