1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Audio: Patrick Beverley very optimistic about 2013-14 return (UPDATE: No surgery, will return this s

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 29, 2014.

1. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Awesome news!!

Advancing to the WC will be challenge regardless, but chances are better with Patrick.

2. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Tough ass guy. Where he comes from, people don't even have meniscus.

3. apcgamb24

apcgamb24 Member

Does this mean he'll be back for the playoffs?

4. MichaelG281713

I hope he makes it back this year. Can't see it happening though. He really relies on his athleticism.

5. awc713

awc713 Member

I really hope the Rockets find a way to keep him long term.

I've said that about a lot of Rockets...Goran, Scola, Lowry to name a few...but Bev is just too perfect for this team.

Wonder what he would fetch on the market right now....6M range a year would be my guess

6. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

I really think Beverley wants to make Wolverine his nickname.

Damn you meniscus! Grow back FASTER.

7. vator

vator Contributing Member

Alright it isn't quite Sunday yet, but I'm passing around the collection plate. This is for the Pat Bev "building" fund. We're going to pay to "build" Pat a new knee because we desperately need him back ASAP. I'll throw $100 in the plate. Anybody else?

8. gnozahs

gnozahs Member

I honestly don't think he'll make it back this season and be 100%. He should recover fully then come back.

9. vator

vator Contributing Member

insta-ban! :grin:

10. redglare92

redglare92 Member

I would be all in for him to come back as a cyborg.

11. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Has anyone ever considered knee replacement as a viable alternative compared to, say, microfracture? I mean with all these orthopedists out there there must be some reason why it is stupid even to mention.

If you're a world class athlete, I figure even if the hardware only lasts you one season before you destroy it due to pressures that no other human would reasonably place on it, one surgery per year would still be worth it. I dunno. Someone put me in my place and tell me how stupid an idea this is.

12. i3artow i3aller

He has an appointment with the world famous Dr. James Andrews on Monday and more information should be released at that point. Beverley added he could be back in 10-14 days, but he's just guessing until Monday. "I feel pretty good," Beverley said. "I feel like I knocked knees with somebody. It hurt a lot the first day. I don't really feel a lot of pain today, which is a good sign. No swelling. So I'm going to go see the best knee doctor in the country."

13. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  14. redglare92

redglare92 Member

I'd like to think that the Rockets wouldn't put him under any undue pressure to risk any further and even greater injury. Major surgery presents higher risk of complications. From what we heard, he's coming back. Just not anytime soon.

I want him to rejoin them for the playoffs too but not at the cost of completely ruining himself. That isn't to say that we shouldn't look into robotic enhancements. :p

1 person likes this.
  15. THE DR34M

THE DR34M Rookie

It depends on how well he plays and recovers from his injury. If he plays well, I agree 6m is the upper mark of his range. If he plays poorly, I'd say his market value us only 2-3m.

16. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Lin at 1-9

Please baby, please baby...baby baby please bring back Bev

Lin is scared. You can see it in his eyes.

17. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

LOL

The hands of medicine

18. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

No worries, Morey doesn't keep PGs long term.

19. Sen89

Sen89 Member

Not surprised by his answers. He's the type of guy that'll do anything to get back on the court - whether that's the best decision for his long-term health or not.

I want to know what the doctors said, and as much as I want Bev back, a 50%-60% Bev risking his career to hound CP3/Curry/TP/Westbrook/Lillard etc is not a sight I really want to see.

20. Baruch

Baruch Member

Can't wait to see PB come back strong and healthy.