1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Auburn Citizen] Wake-up call Greene Needs

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Willis25, Jul 3, 2008.

1. kevC

kevC Member

Is his athleticism really THAT off the charts? I wasn't overly impressed in his highlights.

2. prv1981

prv1981 Member

I remember reading that it was around 4 inches....

I really hope greene can work his way into the rotation this season. Really looking forward to the summer league games to see what he can do. Barring any FA aquisitions there is definetly a spot in the rotation for him.

3. OrangeRowdy95

OrangeRowdy95 Member

Actually 2002 was last. Unless you want to count Gerald Green last year.

4. tiger0330

tiger0330 Member

jeez 34% from the college 3 line. Doesn't project well from the NBA 3 line. We're ready to hang Rafer if he has numbers like that. Mcgrady is going to be a bad role model for Green, he's another guy that that thinks he can shoot the 3 when he can't. I heard he fell in the draft because he had a problem with a coach in one of his workouts, that's something to be on the lookout for, he might not be coachable.

5. burlesk

burlesk Serious business

I thought I read somewhere that his stats from 3 last year plummeted once he started trying to take a struggling team (and with a lot of folks blaming him for it) on his shoulders and force a lot of bad shots -- partly a product, maybe, of a young player not knowing any better -- sorry I don't have a link handy. Anyone else read or see anything about that? The gist seemed to be that his shot was a lot more sound than his stats might indicate, due to this...

6. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Member

All Star predicition might be high for a 28th pick but its encouraging. As long as he plays in a Rashard Lewis type of way, instead of Antoine Walker 3 point chucking to build stats.

7. tinman

tinman Member
    Supporting Member

A rare, but important Willis25 thread.

[​IMG]

8. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Say what?

This kid won't get his warm ups off this season except for garbage time.

9. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

I think Greene will be in the rotation from day one, maybe only small minutes, but as he gets more accustomed to running with Kidd I think his contribution will increase.

He may even be a starter by the end of the year.

DD

10. Nelly

Nelly Member

I think you're talking about Gerald Green. Greene with an E is the one on the rockets.

11. wingz0

wingz0 Member

DaDa, I know you like the kid, but really...if he's shown anything he's shown that mentally, he's a long way from playing professional basketball at the highest level.

If Green starts for the Mavs from day one, it'll be the happiest season in a long while for me 'cause it just means that Dallas ship is going down! :D

12. pbthunder

pbthunder Member

Hey, not everybody heard we had a draft... :rolleyes:

13. pbthunder

pbthunder Member

I heard Dallas thought Green'd be the next Brandon Bass.

What?! We passed up the next Brandon Bass?

14. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Oops...see what happens when you post from the lakehouse ....after a night with a couple of beverages.

DD

15. FFz

FFz Member

Looks like Greene got dunked on by Joe Alexander during workouts lol

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5_FdP4T_nME&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5_FdP4T_nME&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>