1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ATTN: OHMSS, Anchel, Croatian Sensation, etc.

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by Ricksmith, Jun 21, 2011.

1. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

You guys seem to be knowledgeable about Euro prospects. I was looking at the Adidas Euro Camp list and wanted to see what y'all thought about certain players.

This is the list of players that attended.

2011 adidas EUROCAMP Early Entry and Draft Eligible Participants

NAME HEIGHT POSITION HOME COUNTRY TEAM
    Andrew Albicy 5'10 Point Guard France PARIS LEVALLOIS
    Furkan Aldemir 6'9 Forward Turkey P. KARSIYAKA
    Dogus Balbay 6'1 Point Guard Turkey TEXAS (USA)
    Robin Benzing 6'10 Forward Germany ULM
    Dairis Bertans 6'4 Guard Latvia VEF RIGA
    Davis Bertans 6'7 Forward Latvia OLIMPIJA LJUBLJANA
    Bismack Biyombo 6'9 Center Republic of Congo FUENLABRADA
    Bojan Bogdanovic 6'7 Guard Croatia CIBONA ZAGREB
    Sarra Camara 6'9 Center France LE HAVRE
    Antonie Diot 6'3 Point Guard France LE MANS
    Nihad Djedovic 6'5 Guard Bosnia & Herzegovina LOTTOMATICA ROME
    Bangaly Fofana 7'0 Center France ASVEL VILLEURBANNE
    Angel Garcia 6'11 Center Puerto Rico UNICAJA MALAGA
    Adam Hanga 6'7 Forward Hungary ALBACOMP
    Edwin Jackson 6'3 Guard France ASVEL VILLEURBANNE
    Dimitry Khvostov 6'3 Point Guard Russia DYNAMO MOSCOW
    Manolis Koukoulas 6'11 Center Greece ILISIAKOS
    Mindaugas Kuzminskas 6'8 Forward Lithuania ZALGIRIS KAUNAS
    Denys Lukashov 6'3 Guard Ukraine BUDIVELNYK
    Joffrey Lauvergne 6'10 Forward France CHALON
    Donatas Motiejunas 6'11 Center Lithuania BENETTON TREVISO
    Lucas Nogueira 7'0 Center Brazil ESTUDIANTES MADRID
    Xavier Rabaseda 6'7 Guard Spain FUENLABRADA
    Leon Radosevic 6'11 Center Croatia CIBONA ZAGREB
    Giorgi Shermadini 7'1 Center Georgia OLIMPIJA LJUBLJANA
    Janis Strelnieks 6'3 Guard Latvia VENTSPILS
    Abdel Kader Sylla 6'9 Center Seychellois NANCY
    Pere Tomas 6'8 Forward Spain DKV JOVENTUT
    Jan Vesely 6'11 Forward Czech Republic PARTIZAN BELGRADE
    Tomislav Zubcic 6'10 Forward Croatia CIBONA ZAGREB

2011 adidas EUROCAMP Next Generation Participants
    NAME HEIGHT POSITION HOME COUNTRY TEAM
    Dusan Cantekin 7'4 Center Turkey MEGA VIZURA BELGRADE
    Linos Chrysikopoulos 6'9 Forward Greece ARIS THESSALONIKI
    Samuel Deguara 7'4 Center Malta BENETTON TREVISO
    Branislav Djekic 6'9 Forward Serbia MEGA VIZURA BELGRADE
    Evan Fournier 6'5 Guard France POITIERS
    Joseph Franch 6'5 Point Guard Spain DKV JOVENTUT
    Alessandro Gentile 6'5 Guard Italy BENETTON TREVISO
    Rudy Gobert 7'0 Center France CHOLET
    Patrick Heckmann 6'5 Guard Germany LANGEN
    David Jelinek 6'5 Guard Czech Republic DKV JOVENTUT
    Alberto Jodar 6'9 Forward Spain REAL MADRID
    Ilkan Karaman 6'9 Forward Turkey TOFAS BURSA
    Paul Lacombe 6'5 Guard France ASVEL VILLEURBANNE
    Rasmus Larsen 7'0 Forward Denmark VAERLOSE
    Augusto Lima 6'10 Center Spain UNICAJA MALAGA
    Rasid Mahalbasic 6'11 Center Austria FENERBAHCE ULKER ISTANBUL
    Andreja Milutinovic 6'7 Guard Serbia FMP BELGRADE
    Dejan Musli 7'0 Center Serbia CAJA LABORAL VITORIA
    Nemanja Nedovic 6'4 Point Guard Serbia RED STAR BELGRADE
    Raul Neto 6'1 Point Guard Brazil PITAGORAS/MINAS
    Phillip Neumann 6'11 Center Germany BROSE BAMBERG
    Kostas Papanikolaou 6'8 Forward Greece OLYMPIACOS PIRAEUS
    Nikos Pappas 6'4 Point Guard Greece KOLOSSOS RHODOS
    Sertac Sanli 6'10 Center Turkey GALATASARAY
    Joan Sastre 6'7 Forward Spain CAJASOL SEVILLE
    Tomaz Satoransky 6'5 Point Guard Czech Republic CAJASOL SEVILLE
    Kostantinos Sloukas 6'5 Point Guard Greece ARIS THESSALONIKI
    Leo Westermann 6'6 Point Guard France ASVEL VILLEURBANNE

I was mainly looking at the PF's and C's out of the bunch, but I couldn't find much information on them. I would appreciate any opinions or comparisons to any Center on the list.

Just looking at size and stats (not the best way to measure a prospect), I found Leon Radosevic, Samuel Deguara, Rudy Gobert (scroll down to bottom, this guy compares him to a young KG), Dejan Musli, and of course I'm still interested in hearing more about Giorgi Shermadini.

Feel free to also comment on anyone else on the list, regardless of position. Thanks again for any help.

2. anchel

anchel Member

Difficult, they are too young. In bold the players I know. Recommend you DX, http://www.europeanprospects.com and http://www.eurohopes.com. There you will find much more info than I personally could give you about 80-90% of those players at this moment.

Big guys... I like Lima, I think he's interesting thinking in NBA.

Anyway, this gives you a better idea about the merit that players like Valanciunas have (he's from 1992) being able to compete at such a young age at Euroleague level. Jonas is extremely young.

3. OHMSS

OHMSS Rookie

I would keep an eye on all the players I put in bold. There are a lot of players to watch on the future stars list.

4. Croatian Sensation

Croatian Sensation I'd rather be a forest than a street

OHMSS already bolded almost all of the interesting prospects (+ Dav. Bertans, Nogueira, Fournier, Gobert, Lima), so I'll just say something about the 3 Croatian prospects, whom I watched numerous times.

Bojan Bogdanović is a great offensive player with unlimited shooting range. His biggest problems are defense and work ethic. He's sloppy on D, even though he has the potential to lock down his man. When you sometimes look at him, it seems that he just doesn't care about the game. If Bogdanović is going to reach his maximum potential (a solid role player in the NBA), he needs to mature and have a strict coach who'll constantly demand for him to work harder.

Leon Radošević is just a hard worker. Not so long ago, he was so raw that he couldn't hit a free throw to save his life. Now he added a decent post game and a mid-range shot, but he needs to develop it further to make an impact of offense. Although he seems rather strong, he struggles to defend his man in the post, and that is a big concern. If he continues to develop as a player, his ceiling is a great energy guy on a Euroleague team. I just don't see a future for him in the NBA.

Finally, Tomislav Zubčić. Zubčić has all the qualities to become the new Magic Johnson. His ball handling skills and basketball vision are extraordinary for a 6'10 forward. He has a good outside shot and on defense, with his size and quickness, he can successfully guard every backcourt player. But there is one problem, huge problem. Tomislav is stupid. He'll make a great pass on one possession, but on the next, he'll take a contested three with 20 seconds on the shot clock (and air-ball it). He makes dumb fouls on defense and continuosly argues with the referees. I'm afraid that this is not going to change (for the last couple of years, he still makes the same mistakes) and it looks like the biggest talent of these three players is also the one who'll have the worst career. Too bad, he really is something special.

About Musli, he was a great prospect not so while ago, but due to his constant injuries, Dejan hasn't played more than 20 games in the last 2 years. If he doesn't move on from those injuries, you can scratch him off the list.