1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Attention Danuel House

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Nov 28, 2020.

1. Newlin

Newlin Member

John Lucas you had one job!

D-rock and Sep11ie like this.
  2. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

WTF is this.

I get the bubble no leaving thing and yes House shouldn’t have left if he wanted to play.

but a hotline to basically, like another person posted is just ppl snitching on other ppl for what so they can’t play basketball or really make a living.

is this not the USA a FREE country? If your not playing in a bubble then how the hell are you going to enforce the players to not live life and go out?

not to mention I’m sure these players are going to be getting tested every damn day so what does it matter.

I know the COVID is real and it’s serious but we should never lose thought that the recovery is 99.99 in almost everyone unless your very old or have some serious health issues already.

on the bright side no player is going to listen to this stuff besides cp3 and Lebron lol. And I just thought of this too Iv been to my friends gentlemen’s club a few times the past couple months. This could be a serious recruiting tactic for all Houston sports team.

I’m halfway joking don’t kill me.

3. Nook

Nook Member

Ideally the Rockets would find someone else but realistically that isn’t going to happen. It is going to be House and some Gordon at the 3. House is the better defender and can guard 4’s. You are right, the Rockets cannot completely count on him but they also need a back up point guard, a power forward, a back up center and another long swing defender. Lots of holes on the roster.

Jayzers_100 and D-rock like this.
  4. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

Korean Boy Bands are not unics?

5. D-rock

D-rock Member

6'6 Theo Pinson would be able to fill 2 roles, backup PG and 3-D wing.

https://accsports.com/acc-analytics/theo-pinson-nba-draft-unc-stats/

https://www.ridiculousupside.com/20...-g-league-rookie-of-the-year-long-island-nets

saleem and juanm34 like this.
  6. Rileydog

Rileydog Contributing Member

the league is protecting ... the league. The hotline is one of probably dozens of measures to try to control the environment so that the league does not face massive outbreaks, game cancellations or season cancellation. It’s about that and that alone. League can’t function if there are outbreaks and game cancellations.hundreds of millions of dollars are at stake, not just players and their salaries.

7. Nook

Nook Member

The problem is something has to give. The Rockets are paying over 80 million for two players and a lot to Gordon and now Wood. So either one of the above listed players are dealt to open up salary or the Rockets find some gems.

Personally I think Eric Gordon is going to bounce back. He has lost weight, the surgery is a success and just needed time to heal. He also has a new coach that will likely use Gordon more like he wants to be used. Even knowing all that, and expecting a near 6th man of the year performance; I would love to open up money by dealing him so the Rockets could address multiple needs.

The Rockets didn’t have the money to get Shaq Harrison, Nerlens Noel, Aaron Baynes, Torrey Craig, Etwaun Moore, Jeff Teague or any number of others.

Theo Pinson really struggles on offense.

pippendagimp, D-rock and lilbird20 like this.
  8. s3ts

s3ts Member

ROFL unic. I'm dying.

topfive likes this.
  9. s3ts

s3ts Member

We all know Bron ain't hood. Chris Webber the same, went to fancy shmancy private school.

10. D-rock

D-rock Member

Pinson has improved his 3ball and he is a more versatile offensive player than Sterling Brown.

But most importantly he is a better playmaker. Even better playmaker than Austin Rivers.

I say drop Clemons and sign Pinson who can backup PG as well as 3-D wing.

But trading EGo for multiple quality pieces would be the best move.

Nook likes this.
  11. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

12. D-rock

D-rock Member

Not sure but was healthy last season, cut by Nets when they signed Tyler Johnson before the bubble.

saleem likes this.
  13. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I agree, he is better than Clemons, but there is no room for him.

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Eunuch.

D-rock likes this.
  15. D-rock

D-rock Member

That's why I said to drop Clemons.

Pinson is a proven rotational player, Clemons is not.

And Pinson fills 2 needed roles, backup PG & Wing.

That said, would rather sign Nic Batum for vet min over both.

16. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

no I get why their doing it from a business standpoint.

but unless it’s a contract they players sign saying they can’t go visit night clubs go out to eat or just things of that nature the hotline is useless because we already saw players not want to be in the bubble and Lou will actually get busted at a strip Club while he was out on personal reasons.

basically it’s going To be impossible to keep all these players from just going to practice and playing. I’d say maybe even 60% will do that and stay straight.

but if it’s not a signed contract that they can’t do anything any half competent lawyer will be able to beat any case even if a player gets caught at a strip club or out to eat and then tests positive? It’s impossible for the nba to say said player tested positive because he was out.

I think the whole thing is silly. Do the best you can players are going to test positive it’s just going to happen when your testing these guys 2-3 times a week.

I’m sure a lot of the guys who tested positive in the nfl lately have no idea they even have it. These guys are young and in very good shape.

CV19 is a very very strange virus because it’s literally all over the Place in terms of symptoms.

I had it myself and felt nothing but then I guy who works for me he’s 58 and had cancer less than a year ago got it also and felt really bad for 3 days. I just don’t see how the nba can take players money away if they test positive. I get why their doing it tho. Gotta keep the league rolling.

so I do agree with you I just think it’s kinda pointless when it comes to the hotline unless they make all the players and coaches sign a contract stating what they can and cannot do during the season.