1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ATT Uverse feedback

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by justtxyank, Mar 12, 2015.

?

Your take on Uverse

Poll closed Mar 17, 2015.
  1. I have it and I would recommend you make the jump

55.6%
  2. I have it and I would advise against the jump

16.7%
  3. I abstain, courteously

27.8%
  1. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

Right there with you, I have the 18mbps and U450 and spend like $189... and my internet is ****. And since the TV piggy backs on the internet, it is **** as well.

If Comcast customer support wasn't so terrible I'd go back in a heartbeat, which I'll probably do either way if my DSL doesn't improve over the next few weeks.

2. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

Is AT&T's U-verse customer support really any much better? I find all those major company's customer support to be lacking anyway, so I never really understood the specific hate for cable companies.

3. Sajan

Sajan Member

ATT is better. In fact ATT emailed a direct number for support...located on the East Coast.

4. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

Not really, but Comcast just says I owe them $300 for an HD box I returned and they have no record of... even though I had the return receipt, they still charged me for it for nearly three years.

5. jtotheb

jtotheb Contributing Member

I would say that it is. They're usually able to get a tech out to your address within 24-36 hours of reporting the issue.....sometimes even on Sundays.

6. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

This is where ATT U-Verse blows Comcast out of the water and makes me hesitant to switch back.

7. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

"Usually" is spot on. I haven't had service since Friday evening. Their next available appt was today at 4PM. They've just outgrown themselves and since early 2014 this will now be my 11TH modem that has gone bad in need of replacement. I'm done. I'm hesitant to go back to Comcast but I am tired of this Uverse bull**** and their terrible products and internet so I'm bailing. Too much money for ****ty service, slow internet and horrible picture quality. Hopefully I'll be one if the few with good Comcast experience. Doubtful, but it really can't be any worse than what I've dealt with in the past year and a half.

8. Nero

Nero Member

I switched from U-Verse to Comcast's Blast and XFinity earlier this year, and I have to say, I am very pleased.

The internet is, I kid you not, about 6 times faster, the tv picture quality is noticeably better (and doesn't turn into pixellated garbage when a popular show is on), the hardware has been reliable (much more so than the constant failures of the U-Verse equipment), and with the added bonus of being able to watch live TV on any wireless device in my home, it allowed me to eliminate 2 extraneous cable boxes, and just go with the main one, and use wifi to watch anywhere else in the house.

The ONLY thing I could complain about is the weirdly nonsensical "order" of the stations on the Guide. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to the order, which makes finding channels difficult.

But it's a small price to pay. And granted, I have not had any service problems (yet) which would require a tech to come to the house, or really any service complaints at all, so I can't speak to the level of customer service vs U-Verse.

But the actual product is way better.

Oh AND, I am spending about $70 LESS per month than I was spending on U-Verse.