1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Athletic] Stone: Comfortable with the roster

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by JW86, Dec 21, 2023.

1. Reeko

Reeko Member

And who tf are u again?

go sit your random bum ass down

2. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

point proven lol. Nothing of substance just reactions, anger, and dumb shi+ typical Reeko response

3. Reeko

Reeko Member

sorry, I don’t take random d*ckriders mentioning me out the blue seriously

the day I do is the day my account’s been hacked

get my nuts outta your mouth

4. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

lol that’s my opinion of you. It is what it is. You can get mad that’s on you. Don’t care

5. meh

meh Contributing Member

Even disregarding the fact that GMs always tend to say they're not gonna do anything , what kind of move can the Rockets make? I guess if they think Jalen Green is 100% a lost cause they can cut bait early (I doubt it but it's possible). If someone is willing to give a 1st round pick for Jeff Green or Aaron Holiday that would work too. If someone cuts a decent center after the trade deadline the Rockets can pick up for free, that may work too. But that seems about it to me.

6. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

stop the acting hard bullshi+ too dude. It’s lame. Getting old.

7. Reeko

Reeko Member

shut your b*tchass up

8. Reeko

Reeko Member

that’s enough time spent on this random loser…u got your 5 seconds of attention

9. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

Dont you gotta do your daily 30 posts a day? Ur behind schedule bro

10. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

The Rockets have lost two games in which they outscored the opponents with Sengun on the court (one of which Golden State scored what seemed like 80 points from behind the arc).
    The Rockets have won three games in which they were outscored by the opponents with Sengun on the court.

The key determining factor with whether the Rockets win or lose is usually determined by how the Rockets do with Sengun on the floor*. As the Rockets aren't going to play a proper sized back-up center with Sengun, backup center does not seem to be a big issue. Maybe backup center becomes an issue if Tari moves to the starting lineup, or the Rockets become a contender such that having a weakness to specific teams is harmful in the postseason.

*This is not meant as a dig on Sengun.

Corrosion and Nook like this.
  11. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

It turns out that many people have been fans longer than just this one season

12. cbass

cbass Member

Not sure what that has to do with anything.

If people were mad about Stone strategically tanking or standing by Silas or KPJ too long, then that’s fair and that’s another discussion. But a lot of the crying is in regards to this season, which has been an unarguable success so far.

Verbal Christ and anthony59237 like this.
  13. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

nah there are legit criticisms of Stone going all the way back since he became GM. Honestly the only thing that has changed is that we hired Ime and signed Brooks, FVV, and Green. Ime was a Fertitta hire. If it was up to Stone we would have hired Volgel. FVV was an Ime signing. If it were up to Stone we would have signed Harden. Happy to give him credit for the other signings, but it’s clear what turned this Franchise around from being a joke was Ime. Stone basically did such a bad job the last 3 yrs that he lost the owner’s confidence and is actually taking his queues from Ime. We don’t even have a franchise player from our highest draft pick since Yao. Stone is not a good GM. The track record proves this. Ime is the captain now.

slothy420 likes this.
  14. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

but that’s many fans on here. A lot is mere conjecture with no evidence and fueled with emotion and bias rather than objective critical analysis. Most post little to what they saw in terms of exact plays ran or how the team executes. Instead a few surface normalizing metrics are used for the basis of most of these arguments.

anthony59237 likes this.
  15. cbass

cbass Member

That’s a whole lot of speculation crammed into one post.

I didn’t know you were an insider who was aware of all of the decisions made within the organization. But I see you’ve set it up nicely: you can give Ime credit for anything good that happens and blame Stone for anything bad. Win-win situation.

Y2JT, Moe, anthony59237 and 1 other person like this.
  16. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

How did you get all this info? Was it reported somewhere or is this just your assessment based on given facts or personal opinion not based on facts or information?

Y2JT likes this.
  17. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

lol

18. cbass

cbass Member

That’s all fair.

I share your worry about whether we were able to get a franchise player or not with any of our picks. But this season has raised my hopes for Sengun and Jabari, (while, sadly, lowering them significantly for Jalen). Too early to know one way or another about Amen, but I hold out hope for him as well.

19. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

FVV legs and knees after reading this :eek:

TimDuncanDonaut likes this.
  20. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Did you forget this...

[​IMG]

slothy420 and AroundTheWorld like this.