1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

At this rate the Rockets will not make the playoffs

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by costashater2, Dec 28, 2002.

Tags:
  1. costashater2

costashater2 Member

The way the Rockets are headed they will not make the playoffs and that will prove the players they have are not winners just guys out for stats. Their play is getting worse by the day and they are wildly inconsistant. I just dont see any leaders on this team, No real veteran presence. Forget about Rice he is just an over the hill gunner who has never been a leader.

2. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

The Lakers lost three games in a row last season... I guess they didn't make the playoffs?

3. Mr. Mooch

Mr. Mooch Contributing Member

Yes, but the Lakers were a TEAM last year.

This year is kind of like "There's no 'I' in Yao", if you can figure out what that has anything to do with it.

4. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

If the Rockets weren't a TEAM, they wouldn't have a winning record in the Western Conference.

5. SLA

SLA Member

They are going to make the playoffs. They won't go far in the playoffs, though. Look at the Celtics. They are being blown away. Maybe the Hawks may make the playoffs!

6. nineteen

nineteen Member

No Playoffs with Rudy! I said this when the Rox were rolling. This is Rudy's deepest team ever, remember. It's not the players, it's the coach.

7. RIET

RIET Contributing Member

We'll make the playoffs and lose in the first round.

8. Mr. Mooch

Mr. Mooch Contributing Member

Do you honestly think the Rockets are a TEAM the way they've been playing lately? The Lakers haven't this year, it's obvious.

I wasn't disagreeing with you; I was saying they did pull together as the Rockets should soon enough.

9. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

No playoffs for us!!

I'd go as far as to say that this is the biggest waste of talent I've EVER seen from the Rockets since I started following them ten years ago...

10. WNBA

WNBA Member

definatly no.

will get a draft and waste it

11. youAndMe

youAndMe Member

Style. The Rockets have not defined their style of playing. You can see a trait in many teams in the league. Kings, a good passing team. Knicks, a physical team. Dallas, zone master. Lakers, the triangle offense. Utah, master of pick & roll.

Oops, sorry, the Rox have a style. Street basketball!

12. DallasThomas

DallasThomas Contributing Member

Yeah, at the rate of 0-3 (0.00% wins), the Rockets probably won't make the playoffs. But if they keep going at the rate they'll be going at after their next win (1-0, 100% wins), they'll finish 69-13 and have their best record in franchise history.

13. CY02

CY02 Member

The good thing for us is that the likes of T-Wolves and Spurs seem to be as inconsistent as us.

Keep the faith.

14. chyke_tx

chyke_tx Member

Rudy T just needs to get a starting lineup. Maybe cato and yao should play and nachbar or something, but there must be a consecutive starting lineup except there is an injury. Mo taylor can do better. Mobley should stop shooting three's if he cant make any. EG and yao need consistency BUt most importantly, we need qa lineup.

15. cmellon

cmellon Member

If Rudy keeps playing Rice major minutes and let CM jack up many forced shots (to maintain his 17 PPG stats) all the time, Rox will never go to playoffs this year.

Unfortunately, I don't see any reason why Rudy wants to change the situation above. Rudy believes the current starting lineup is the "winning team", after winning over Indiana, Sacramento, and San Antonio. He also said there is a good chemistry between Rice and Yao, and Rice's leadership is needed in the field. Rice is also too expensive just to be a bench player.

CM is a good friend of SF, so if Rudy tries to reduce CM's minutes, CM may complain and it will disrupt the team's chemistry. CM has proved occassionally that he can be "the difference" between winning and losing if he is hot.

16. dfbreyes

dfbreyes Member

Just curious....

What was the Rockets' record when Mobley got injured and J. Hawkins started?

How are the Rockets faring with Mobley getting 40+ minutes and throwing 20 shots a game?

Has Rudy even tried Maddox or Nachbar?

17. lancet

lancet Contributing Member

Rockets got style. We are the master of inconsistency.

18. TBar

TBar Contributing Member

We are not even to the all-star break yet. This team still needs time to gel. I could not see the Knicks game Fri. I coul not get it on the radio either. Beaumont fans do not have access to the Rockets. I do not know what went wrong in the Knicks game- the Chronicle writer - Feigen said poor shooting.

We have a very tough opponent tonite in New Orleans. We played them to overtime in their house about 2 weeks ago. we should beat them tonite if we come to play.

I do not know what the Rockets problems are, but probably need some more time to gel. They have the capability as we have seen.