1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

At this point, who do you consider untouchable in a trade?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by devin23, Nov 3, 2010.

Tags:
?

Who do you consider untouchable in the event of a trade?

1. Scola

139 vote(s)
    32.8%
  2. Yao

78 vote(s)
    18.4%
  3. Martin

43 vote(s)
    10.1%
  4. Brooks

5 vote(s)
    1.2%
  5. Other

8 vote(s)
    1.9%
  6. No one

151 vote(s)
    35.6%
  1. devin23

devin23 Member

Who's currently untouchable in the event of a trade?

2. EjrRocket11

EjrRocket11 Member

Yao
    Scola
    Martin

3. Raven

Raven Member

In a sane world, no current Rocket is untouchable. Not even Yao.

4. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

No one. The team needs balance and with our one way players being 2 deep at every position you can find different combinations to bring in a more complete player or simply balance things out.

5. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Morey would probably trade away the entire roster for LeBron James.

So, I guess, no one.

6. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

forgot to add...this doesnt mean the team doesnt consider a player untouchable..and right now Yao may be that guy for Les because of the money he brings in. As long as he can manage decent numbers (12 and 7 or above) i dont see him leaving.

7. worzel gummidge

I'm worried Luis might be playing himself into the most desirable trade piece the Rockets hold. I don't think he, Martin, or Yao should be traded. If those three are kept it's adding without subtracting.

Lakers, Celtics, Magic all have their big 4. Rockets need to join that club.

8. Outlier

Outlier Member

Yeah our roster is THAT bad. I'd have anyone traded. I can't believe people here we were that good in the first place. I'd trade rosters with the Jazz.

9. orbb

orbb Contributing Member

Scola
    Brooks
    Battier (not)

10. trugoy

trugoy Member

How can a team that didn't make the playoffs last season have any players that are untoucheable?

11. ROX_fan_CT

ROX_fan_CT Member

I dont really like the word "untouchable" because for the right price/player I think anyone azz can be traded.

For financial reasons to the overall organization and NBA, I think Yao will be unlikely to be moved.

For immediate basketball reasons for the team, I think Scola and Martin will unlikely be traded unless it nets us a superstar and game changer in return. Plus if the team does make a trade to get better, that new player will need good/productive players to play with for this team to be competitive.

12. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

Maybe our best player??? I dont know who that is. They are all kind of one dimensional. I say the most diverse is Scola. So Scola is the one I would like to trade the least. He can win on championship level teams. He has already proven this across seas and during some of our better seasons. Plus he can rebound, play a little defense, and score. The most versatile easily.

13. sw847

sw847 Member

right now...i would say scola. he is the only constant on the team. I would hate to loose him then i really can be confident in what i can expect from anyone on this team. also scola seems to be like the kind of player who does well no matter who he plays with.

14. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

If anyone is the closest to being Untradable it would have to be Scola. If you are trying to build a winner you need all the help you can get and if that means moving big pieces of your team right now then you do it.

Scola by far is the one person that can do much more than just score and that is what makes him valuable in my eyes. Like other posters have said most of the other players are so one dimensional it's not even funny.

Yao would come in second on the untradable list of players for me. Maybe not for what he is doing solely on the court but even in his 24 minutes a game he's better than most at his position and probably will put up better numbers.

We need to move out some of the one dimensional players we have to bring in someone that can help with something other than scoring.

To be quite honest if anyone is going to be leaving this team in a deal it's probably going to be AB. He's not a true point in my opinion and doesn't play defense well enough to guard the bigger guards out there. You can put a player like Lowry in and he will be able to run the offense efficiently somewhat like Andre Miller. He doesn't need to score to be effective if you have the rest of the cogs in there.

What good is scoring all those points from our backcourt if they just give up a ton more to the opposing backcourt?

15. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Yao is probably the most untouchable but at the end everyone can be traded at the right price. 0-3 start is just pathetic.

16. Raven

Raven Member

0-3 isn't pathetic, but how we got to be 0-3 is certainly cause for concern, and I don't think these issues are going away.

:(

17. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

Lol, I think no body is untouchable, any player might get traded.

18. foo82

foo82 Member

Just Chuck Hayes.

19. davidghall

davidghall Member

Signed, the 91-92 Rockets with Hakeem Olajuwon. I actually agree with you, but not for the playoff reason.

20. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

Everyone has a price but here are the players i'd like us to keep. Any of the others could be used as trade bait and I'd be happy...

Yao
    Scola
    Buddinger
    Martin
    Brooks