1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

''At the end of my journey, I see myself as a Rocket'' - Deke

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by dream2franchise, Feb 13, 2013.

1. Mashing

Mashing Member

If it's completely up the the player he can just choose the organization they he enjoyed playing for the most.

Hell, in his Geico commercial he all but wears a Rocket's jersey. Apparently he bleeds Rocket red. Deke was one of my favorite rockets because of his infectious personality.

2. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

If we're agreed that winning doesn't matter - I would be all for this. Deke is a historically generous human with a great personality. He might classify as the top role player of all time, too.

3. G Zus Kryst

G Zus Kryst Rookie

deke b so pimp he b shootin tres in dress shoes.......

[​IMG]

4. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

So that is where Deke was walking to.

I'll be honest, I see Deke as a Nugget. The one defining iconic moment you see is the one of him laying on the Seattle Center Coliseum floor.

5. SC1211

SC1211 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I love Deke. He poured his heart into this team.

6. Yonkers

Yonkers Contributing Member

I'm going to make his 'ha ha ha' my ringtone.

7. nt24

nt24 Member

One of my favorite Rocket, I still remember the awesome effort he put in during that 22 win streak after Yao went down. Should be a shoo-in for the hall of fame, great player as well as and even better humanitarian.

Also pretty funny guy:
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/C_0fyUYB3cA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

8. Crutch City

Crutch City Member

[​IMG]

"Not in my house....

....COOOOOKKKKIIIIEEEE!!!!"

9. jjc7329

jjc7329 Contributing Member

Important to remember that if that Nuggets team (led by Deke) hadn't taken out the Sonics during that series, there is a good chance we wouldn't have advanced to the Finals to win it all that year for our first championship.

I was just as excited to see Seattle loss as I was to see us win.

10. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Of course he should be in the HOF. And, I loved having him on the Rockets. But, I see him as a Nugget 1st, a 76er next, and a Rocket 3rd. But, given the importance of the hospital to him, and the Rockets' help in making that a reality, I can see why he's saying what he's saying.

11. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Awesome.

12. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

13. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Deke played so hard with the 09 Rockets, one of my favorite squads after the championship teams. They were tough through and through and had true chemistry. Watching Battier give a speech and Deke give his pep talks was truly inspiring. Watching him go down to injury was truly heart breaking. Watching Shane bleed was truly a sight next to Luis get up repeatedly after flagrant fouls from the Lakers. A second round exit it was, but I'll never forget the statement that team left on the court that day. It gives me chills thinking about

14. Mprice

Mprice Member

Living Legend.

15. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/SEwN0kn9Xyc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

16. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

The first thing I noticed in this commercial was that he was wearing a red uniform.

17. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Hahaha. On the one hand, I feel like there are a lot of players who gave us more good years - some of whom even contributed to championship teams. On the other, I LOVE DEKE!

Honestly, he should have his jersey retired as much for his contributions to mankind as much as his contributions to the Rockets. He's just a guy I'd be proud to have eternally associated with the Rockets.

18. BONIERO1576

BONIERO1576 Member

What I like most about this commercial is knowing it probably put an extra wing on a pediatric hospital in Africa. Deke is a great guy and I'm glad he chose to make Houston his home.

19. Roboman

Roboman Member

lol the Houston big 4, soon to be the big 5 with Asik. Dam, Houston's got some talent getting big men.

20. atwood

atwood Member

amazing basketball player and great person, a legend for sure!