1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

At least 16 killed in Maine shootings

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Ubiquitin, Oct 25, 2023.

1. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

define pretty much.

I know dems think lying on a 4473 is no big deal and should be totally forgiven now but have you even seen the questions on one?

2. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

For starter, no background check.

You are mistaken.

3. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

"there is pretty much no "mental health" criteria for buying guns."

define pretty much. Have you ever seen a 4473?

4. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

The guy is either halfway across the country or dead in the woods/ river.

He had a 3-hour plus head start. If he had a second car stashed, whether at the boat launch, or somewhere else down the river, he could have been out of state before people even realized his name.

I'm not super familiar with that area, but I've been there a couple times. It's 2 and 1/2 hours roughly from there to Boston. He had plenty of time to leave the area. If he had access to a second car. He may never be caught if he is still alive. That's kind of a scary thought.

I hope somehow he pays for what he did, and the families can find some sort of peace with what happened. I don't know that I ever could.

It's time for people to start being realistic about what causes these things and quit blaming them on other political topics. That is just ridiculous. If I had any inkling of voting Republican, which I would love to again someday, that is simply gone, knowing that these fools cannot realistically acknowledge the situation and are trying to blame other factors. Between assault rifles and healthcare and the Trump fiasco there's no way I can do anything but laugh at the buffoonery of the party. What a joke.

5. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

Rumor has it he ordered a Hoover Max Extract Pressure Pro, model 60.

mdrowe00 and Two Sandwiches like this.
  6. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

7. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

I'll make sure to give my thoughts and prayers if this ever happens to anyone he cares about.

8. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

If you want to make a point, make a point.

mdrowe00 and Andre0087 like this.
  9. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

If the problem is the human heart (he's not wrong, human nature involve killing human), then perhaps we shouldn't give weapons that can kill dozens of people in minutes. Again, there is no solution. There is only blaming and looking away from 2A zealots.

10. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I think I found the form: Firearms Transaction Record (atf.gov).

I think you're probably alluding to question 21.g. (right after the mar1juana question):

mdrowe00 and FranchiseBlade like this.
  11. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I think the solution is to start arming all bowling alley employees with AR-15's.

mdrowe00 and Two Sandwiches like this.
  12. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

13. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Makes sense to me.

mdrowe00 likes this.
  14. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The defenders of freedom will say it's worth it, because they enjoy having the right to own weapons they can defend themselves with against a big group of cartel members, illegal crime lords, terrorists, crooked FBI, dirty cops, or civil war opponents who might swarm their homes to kill them.

JuanValdez and mdrowe00 like this.
  15. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

They're worried about the big bad government, one day they might have to go Revolutionary War.

Don't tread on them

ROCKSS, deb4rockets and Andre0087 like this.
  16. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

LOL, a bunch of backyard weekend warriors and cult supporters led by Generals MTG and Boebert, with Colonel Ketchup ordering commands from a safe place, as Gaetz and Cruz spit shine his boots.

mdrowe00, B-Bob and ROCKSS like this.
  17. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

Gravy Seals Team Six Pack

deb4rockets, mdrowe00 and ROCKSS like this.
  18. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

I am all for people having guns, but I doubt the founding fathers knew there would come a day when military style assault weapons were the norm for everyday citizens, or that extreme maga folks think it should be the official gun of the good ole USA as they proudly wear a pic of their gun of choice on their suit or blouse. I have friends who have them and they take them out to shoot which is cool, but then they go in the gun safe for a year before they go do it again, they really don't have a "purpose" except to kill large groups of people or zombies.

At a minimum, there should be a background check to see if you have the mental fortitude to own one. And as far as every gop person parroting the "mental health" aspect, yet they never seem to vote on mental health issues.

So, I guess were back to the old , "Thoughts and Prayers"................I just have to wonder if one of these maga nut jobs had this happen to their family, would they still feel this way?

deb4rockets and mdrowe00 like this.
  19. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Might at least cut down on irresponsible bowling, throwing into other lanes, and all the cheating.

mdrowe00 and Andre0087 like this.
  20. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

It seems that the problem is that many of those in Congress do not have a human heart. They simply have hollow words and open checkbooks.