1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

At a crossroads in TV programming

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ToyCen428, Dec 21, 2007.

1. ToyCen428

ToyCen428 Member

I ordered DISH Network in September of 2006, in March of next year my contract with be done with. I have a HDtv and am unable to watch HD programming b/c HD programming with DISH is so expensive. I was thinking of switching to ATT UVerse. Now for those of you who have it, can you tell me all that I will get?

I currently have Phone (basic local service) and DSL on my account. I'm paying $62 a month. If Im hearing correctly, I can get Uverse (100+ channels, with some HD channels), DSL, phone for around $110 a month? If so thats a pretty good deal. Can someone who currently has Uverse give me more info? (if I call ATT, they woulda talked me into ordering it before the conversation was through!)

2. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Member

How do satellite contracts work. My current one states that I must keep all regular receivers for a period of 12 months and all advanced receivers for a period of 24 months. What happens after that? Am I able to cancel without the ridiculous cancellation fees ($150 for regular receivers, $300 for advanced)? Will I have to enter in another contract? Will they (DirecTV) automatically renew the contract and if they do will I be bound by the same terms of 12 and 24 month periods?

3. ToyCen428

ToyCen428 Member

All I know is, I enjoy my DISH network I'll admit, but it would be basic service without my DVR, can't live without that little invention. But yeah I think when your contract is up (contact them for the exact date) you can cancel service at ANYTIME but be prepared to get talked into signing up with better deals and more programming and so forth.

Id like to switch to UVerse because then I'd have EVERYTHING bundled together to save a pretty penny. Also I have a HDtv that I don't get to experience to its maximum capacity which is the whole point of a HDtv!