1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ASUS U30SD for Sale - Brand New (couple of days old)

Discussion in 'Hot Deals and Classifieds' started by Sooty, Jul 17, 2011.

1. Sooty

Sooty Member

I got a new laptop as a birthday present so don't need this anymore, only 3 days old and I've installed Office 2010 on it as well. Bought it for $800 so looking for something like it.

Details are below

Thin & Light with the Power to Perform

The new U30SD-XA1 presents an impressive style of compact finesse, with its light aluminum alloy construction, chiclet keyboard and oversized palm rests. Start smart with its all new Intel® Core™ i5-2410M processor that is smarter and faster with Intel Hyper-Threading Technology for enhanced multitasking.

At less than 4.5-pounds and only 1.5-inches thin, its unique and lightweight design makes it easy to carry anywhere you go. With full HD playback capability and HDMI connectivity, you can easily enjoy the big screen experience on any HDMI-ready HDTV or home theater setup.

Key Features
    Up to 9.5 hours of battery life for all-day unplugged freedom1 (Learn more)
    The new Intel Core i5-2410M dual core processor gives you smarter multitasking performance (Learn more)
    Thin and light design only 1.5-inches thin and dressed in brushed aluminum for on-the-go portability (Learn more)
    13.3-inch HD LED-backlit widescreen for crisp visuals that don't compromise battery life (Learn more)
    NVIDIA® GeForce™ GT 520M with 1GB VRAM supports NVIDIA® CUDA parallel computing for optimized performance and great energy savings (Learn more)
    SuperMulti DVD drive to enjoy your favorite movies where you want (Learn more)
    HDMI output for easily streaming HD video and audio to a compatible HDTV or external display

Learn More
    Small in Stature, Huge in Power

Learn More
    The sleek 13.3-inch U30SD has incredible features that go far beyond the capabilities of standard entertainment notebooks. Start smart with the second generation Intel® Core™ i5-2410M processor and 4GB of RAM for unrelenting speed for every task.

The dedicated NVIDIA® GeForce™ GT 520M with 1GB VRAM makes it possible to do everything on one compact notebook -- productivity, web, video, music and of course gaming. The capable GPU offers a major upgrade over those underpowered competing notebooks, plus it supports NVIDIA® CUDA parallel computing for optimized performance and great energy savings.
    Achieve More, for Longer

View Large
    The U30SD offers up to 9.5 hours of battery life that takes you further than most other notebooks and netbooks can by intelligently blending together innovative, battery-saving features for efficient multitasking performance.1

With the ASUS Power4Gear utility, you can optimize power management with the push of a button to select the energy profile of your choice. Plus, 4GB of new DDR3 system RAM provides not only faster performance, but also promotes energy efficiency.

Its energy efficient LED-backlit screen also saves more energy than notebooks without it. The U30JSD is powered by an ultra-high-density 8 cell battery that is one of the most robust among similar size models.
    Brilliantly Crafted Portability

View Large
    ASUS engineers have broken through the limitations of size to give you a 13.3-inch notebook that's not only lightweight and portable --under 4.5-pounds light and under 1.5-inches thin, but also features a wide variety of ports and a DVD Super-multi drive to watch, play, and burn CDs and DVDs.

Packed with the performance and features you need, the svelte U30SD is wrapped in a sleek brushed aluminum- finish that looks great and guards against smudges and fingerprint buildup.
    Relax, ASUS Has You Covered
    Ranked as the #1 most reliable PC brand by 3 independent sources,2 readers and editors alike choose ASUS as their trusted notebook and netbook. ASUS tirelessly strives to exceed expectations of quality to ensure you an unmatched peace of mind every time you start your PC.

This notebook also comes with the industry's most comprehensive warranty.
    1 Year ASUS Global Warranty2
    Offers a level of coverage that would add hundreds of dollars to the price of competing laptops:

1 year global warranty
    30 day Flawless Display Guarantee
    2-way free standard shipping
    24/7 tech support
    1 Year Accidental Damage Warranty (ADW)3
    Whether your notebook is damaged by accidental spills, drops, electrical surges, or fire, ASUS will fix it or replace it for you during the first year after purchase.

Covers accidental drops, spills, power surges, and fire damage
    Target 3 business day turnaround time for repair / replacement; not including receiving and shipping time
    1-way shipping (from ASUS to the user) at no additional cost
    24/7 toll-free phone support
    What's in the Box
    U30SD-XA1
    AC Adapter
    8-cell Battery Pack
    Warranty Information Card
    Specifications
    Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit)
    Display: 13.3-inch HD display (1366 x 768)
    Processor: 2nd generation Intel Core i5-2410QM processor (2.3 GHz)
    Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GT 520M graphics with 1GB DDR3 VRAM
    WLAN: 802.11 b/g/n (@ 2.4GHz), Bluetooth 2.0
    LAN: 10/100/1000 Mbps Ethernet
    Memory: 4GB DDR3, 2 x SODIMM Sockets (up to 4GB)
    Storage: 500GB 5400RPM hard drive
    Optical Drive: DVD Super Multi Double Layer
    Camera: 2.0 megapixel
    Speakers: Altec Lansing speakers with SRS premium sound
    Microphone: Digital Array Microphone
    Card Reader: 5-in-1 card reader (SD, MMC, MS, MS-Pro, MS-Duo)
    Input / Output:1 x Mic-in, 1 x Headphone-out, 1 x VGA port/Mini D-Sub 15-pin for external monitor, 1 x RJ-45 LAN, 3 x USB 2.0 ports
    Battery: 8 cell
    Dimensions: 13.12 x 9.52 x 0.8 ~ 1.2 --inches (W x D x H)
    Weight: 4.8 lbs with 8 cell battery

2. AMS

AMS Member

Did you buy it for 800, or did you get it as a gift?

anyways... im interested. post some pics.

3. Sooty

Sooty Member

4. QdoubleA

QdoubleA Member

Then why did you say you got it as a present? Starting your paragraph off with a lie isn't a great way to sell merchandise.

5. Sooty

Sooty Member

Sorry champ, let me rephrase.

I got ANOTHER better laptop a couple days after I bought this laptop. Hence, i'm selling the Asus which I bought and keeping my new HP envy! Sorry about the confusion.

6. AMS

AMS Member

450.... lemme know

7. Royals Ego

Royals Ego Member

why don't you return it?

8. greenhippos

greenhippos Member

I'd offer $500-550 if this were December, but no use for it at the moment.

9. Sooty

Sooty Member

@adeelsiddiqui, thinking about it but it's a big price cut! LOL

@Royal Ego, already out of the box, shiny new plastic ripped off and etc, doubt they'd take it back.

If anyone doesn't believe it's bought, details below...
    http://i55.tinypic.com/2s8hipy.png

10. AMS

AMS Member

well hit me up on email and lets discuss a price

hccstuff at gmail dot com

11. weslinder

weslinder Member

Email me through the board. I'm interested, if the price is right.

12. TurtleBonzi

TurtleBonzi Member