1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

For Sale Asus Transformer Prime Tablet WITH Keyboard Dock + Extras

Discussion in 'Hot Deals and Classifieds' started by Eric Riley, May 29, 2013.

1. Eric Riley

Eric Riley Contributing Member

Ever since I got an ultrabook I haven't really had much use for my Tablet. To be honest, I never really used the tablet much, anyway. Here are the details.

[​IMG]
    (Not my actual pic)

Item: 32GB 10.1" Asus TF201 Transformer Prime Tablet (Champagne), with mobile keyboard dock (also Champagne)

Full specs: See here

What you get: Above items plus charger, leather-like cover for tablet, and original boxes for both. Plus I'll even throw in this nifty little gadget that I got off Kickstarter. It really boosts the sound and works great.

Price: $350 (price is cheap. see item condition below.)

Condition (READ CAREFULLY): Used; both tablet and keyboard physically in great condition (9/10), but the tablet does have a weird glitch when using the camera app - the screen goes green. This is easily fixable, by just pinching the tablet near the camera lens. This has been a noted problem with the Transformer Prime, and a lot of other users have the same issue. Just google "transformer prime green screen" and you'll see what I mean. You can keep doing the lens pinch trick, which temporarily fixes it. Or you can send it in to Asus for repair. I never bothered to send it in because a quick pinch always did the trick.

O/S: Android Jelly Bean 4.1.1, not rooted or anything

Other notes: This is a great, fast tablet, with a nice look and feel to it. If you look up reviews for it, you can see it's not a cheaply made product (though the camera issue doesn't help). I've gotten about 10 hrs out of the tablet on a single charge, but when you connect it to the keyboard, you can easily get a full day's worth of juice, since the keyboard gets charged up as well.

I paid almost $600 for the two and the cover when I bought them. I figured I'd knock the price down since the items are used, and because of the camera issue. Before you say you found the same thing for cheaper, please note these are the Champagne versions, not the cheaper, Amethyst Grey versions.

Send me a text at 832 800 3675 for fastest response.

#1 Eric Riley, May 29, 2013
    Last edited: May 29, 2013
  2. BDswangHTX

BDswangHTX Member

cheaped out and bought the Galaxy Note 10.1 a couple months back. been kicking myself ever since. if someone is looking to buy a tablet pc and they don't want an iPad or Microsoft Surface, this is the way to go.

you can root and overclock these to 1.5/1.6 GHz. beast.

3. Eric Riley

Price drop to $325 for CFers!

4. gwatson86

gwatson86 Contributing Member

I've got the same one. This is a damned good deal, wonky camera or not.

5. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

curious - would you be willing to sell just the keyboard dock?

6. Eric Riley

Thanks for the kind words, bdswang and gwatson! Oh and theyoyo - I'm not quite sure I want to split them up just yet. What's your offer on the dock?

7. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

would you do 100 for the dock and i'll cover shipping out to CA

8. Eric Riley

Hmm, I think I'll keep the two intact for now. But your offer is good, so if nothing happens soon then I'll sell it to you separately.

9. Eric Riley

$300.

That is the absolute lowest I'm willing to go. C'mon guys, this is a great deal!

10. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

Damn great deal. Wish I had excess cash this month.

11. Eric Riley

Bump again. This thing is still lying around. I'd rather see someone use it than have it go to waste.

$275? Open to offers.