1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Astros @ Indians

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by tellitlikeitis, Jul 6, 2015.

1. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Brantley killed us game 2 and was doing well tonight. Murphy isn't ballin vs lefties. The decisions/moves weren't ludicrous.

2. tomato

tomato Member

If anything it seems they/us have come out stronger. I promise I won't be as trolly here though.

3. boozle222

boozle222 Contributing Member

Haha no worries. It's been interesting seeing all the new names pop up in the forum and most have been enjoyable. Just easy targets after having a handful of people posting for years.

4. baubo

baubo Member

As someone who jumps in and out of this board, I only really post when something major’s happening, because I find the baseball season way too long to care about the everyday stuff. It’s not even winning or losing. 162 games is just too god damn long.

5. conquistador#11

it's nothing a four game winning streak can't fix. make it happen, stros.

6. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Damn Angels are 10-2 since we beat them 13-3. Even worse, their next 8 games are against Seattle and Boston....

7. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

If your Lefty-Only reliever has to pitch around a LHB, what does that say? He should have pitched to Brantley. We can't treat Michael Brantley like Miguel Cabrera.

8. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

I really don't like our lefty-only options... I'd like to know their true success rates when brought into face lefties in a save or tie game situation.

We do know that Hinch (and the front office) is going to play lefty-righty matchups to the extreme... with Gregerson basically being the only reliever entrusted to face both.

In the mean time, you have Sipp/Thatcher for lefties... and Harris/Fields/Neshek for righties (with Harris possibly against some lefties... moreso than Neshek gets).

It may be time to improve the lefty options... either in-house or elsewhere.

9. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Boston is playing better and won't be a walkover...as evidenced by our last series against them.

The AS break will do this team wonders, especially if we still have a lead going into it. I think it will give them a few days to recharge and focus on what is there for the taking. They know they have to pick up the slack until we get Springer and Jed back. I think a move for a starting pitcher has to happen this coming week. I don't think we can go down the stretch with Straily and Oberholtzer starting 2/5 of the games. Get Feldman back and make a move for a front line guy...the sooner the better.

10. Mattician

Mattician Member

Please win!

11. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

It's about time for another one of those winning streaks! Time for some brooms! The road woes of late....ugh.

Was there any word on how long Springer would be out? On the DL and all....just curious, it's been a busy month at work, so I haven't kept up on the news...

12. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Minimum of 6 weeks.

13. rockets018

rockets018 Member

I really wish we would have a true lead off man.

To have a line up of leadoff, Altuve, Correa, Springer and Gattis would be sick.

I feel that putting Altuve up there is really hurting out run production. Lets hope for a W tonight.

14. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

I've said it once and I'll say it again: **** the Royals. Not having Springer in the lead-off spot is killing our offense. On the flip side though, our bullpen looks tired. We seriously need some pitching help. I hope Luhnow is working the phones hard to swing a deal that will put us over the top.

15. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

Valbuena back.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Astros lineup <a href="http://t.co/k5qzRxvLpR">pic.twitter.com/k5qzRxvLpR</a></p>&mdash; Brian McTaggart ⚾️ (@brianmctaggart) <a href="https://twitter.com/brianmctaggart/status/619231856677003264">July 9, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

16. conquistador#11

i've always felt even when he wasn't hitting well at the beginning, that springer is the heart of this team. it should be a rule that when someone injures a player like that, that team has to send the victim (us) a player of that quality until recovery time, like the loan process in futbol with a twist.

f the royals indeed

17. crose

crose Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Is it wrong that I celebrated Gordon's injury last night? I hope not.

18. AUstrofan

AUstrofan Member

19. astros123

astros123 Member

looks like the astros might be in for a longggg day

20. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Obie plays Houdini and gets out of the jam without a dp

Their pitcher's ERA is <1, but Conger just went deep

1-0 Stros