1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Astros in 7

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by SooneRockStro, Oct 18, 2018.

1. SooneRockStro

SooneRockStro Member

Red Sox used up all their luck tonight. **** Boston.

Roc Paint, Malaya, body slam and 18 others like this.
  2. tmactoyao

tmactoyao Member

Let's ****ing go.

Stros in 7!

3. DJboutit

DJboutit Member

I like your enthusiasm I just do not see it happening with our garbage relievers

seclusion likes this.
  4. Hustle Town

Hustle Town Contributing Member

Like I said last year against the Yankees and Dodgers, you give everything until the very last pitch. I’ll be rooting until the end.

I think the next two are winnable with Verlander and Cole. We have to execute; there’s no margin for error. That leaves game 7. I don’t like a potential Keuchel vs. Eovaldi matchup, but you’d throw the kitchen sink at them anyway. Every single player is available.

whiskeyred and UTSA2step like this.
  5. htwnbandit

htwnbandit Member

Just get it to 7. Game 7, anything goes.

JV on the mound tomorrow, if we lose, we frankly deserve to lose and the team should be booed off the field for losing all 3 at MMP (and 4 straight overall).

Cole in Game 6 is winnable so long as he gets his head out of his ass.

6. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Is JBJ going to go back to being a nameless Joe or nah?

7. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

Fixed that for ya. You can’t win when the umps don’t know the basic ****ing rules to a sport they are paid to umpire. Even worse is the fact that those rules are so vague and left to interpretation, it makes the game worse than it was before instant reply/review. It’s an all around joke. Replay should get the call right, regardless of what a fat blind **** sees in the moment

napalm06, Houstunna and arabrocket like this.
  8. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

I give Astros all ✡ gold Bregerman magic. May Alex Bregstein curse the devil Cora and Kimbrel who does mocking tiger crane stance against our Japineez brother Hank Conger and his cousin @kevC

Astros will take the balls of East Coast Bias and destroy the biased liberal circlejerk that is the baseball media. Curses on them and ESPN! Texas is better red than dead!

9. HTown2017Champs

I feel good about Cole in Game 6. I think he'll be pitching with a big chip on his shoulder, and his 4th-6th innings looked excellent.

UTSA2step likes this.
  10. Mr.Pringles

Mr.Pringles Member

JV vs Price tomorrow. Like our chances in this one. Price has never been good in the postseason, especially against Houston.

Cole vs Sale. Sale could still be weak from illness. Astros have roughed him up in the postseason (at Fenway). Cole has to pitch as his usual self.

Keuchel vs Eovaldi. I trust Keuchel too pitch better and the adjustments he made after allowing the first three hits, worked! I trust the Astros more in a Game 7 and I feel the offense can come through. Eovaldi may never pitch in a bigger game. Astros have been in Game 7’s

Bullpen has to be lock down. Offense will be there.

11. SooneRockStro

SooneRockStro Member

Don’t let us win Game 5, because if we win Game 5 we got our co-ace on the mound in Game 6 vs. a shell of himself Chris Sale, who when healthy has even struggled against the Astros in the playoffs. And if you let us win Game 6 then anything goes in Game 7. Do not let the Astros push this series back to Fenway Pok.

UTSA2step likes this.
  12. Theking

Theking Member

**** Boston! Go Stros!

whiskeyred likes this.
  13. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

We have the pitching advantage the next 2 games and game 7 would be a coin flip. Obviously the odds are in their favor but taken individually, we absolutely have a shot to come back.

14. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

Red Sox had every ounce of luck go their way last night, if we get even a sliver of that the next two games I like the chances of a game 7.

Oh, and stop giving them free bases, walking in runs, and swing the bat on a close pitch with two strikes!

15. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I'm glad you guys still have faith, I do too....but not much.

I really hate the 2-3-2 format. We've sucked all year at home, so 3 straight home games might, ironically, spell our doom.

No matter what happens tonight, no one can ever take away 2017.

16. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

We need JV to come out and dominate today. Give this team an confidence builder. Then when we go play on the road where we are better at anyway. It's not probable but they can do it.

Elie#17 likes this.
  17. PhiSlammaJamma

They used up all of their 2 out bs hits for the year, leaving them with nothing!

everyday eddie likes this.
  18. MystikArkitect

Winner of Game 6 wins the series.

Just like last years ALCS.

whiskeyred and BigM like this.
  19. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

I feel more confident with JV and Cole coming up. Not so much with DK in game 7, but given the current situation I'll take it. :)

20. YOLO

YOLO Member

I had astros in 7 but game 4 was a must win to me. while it is of course possible the stros to come out of this, I don't think this boston team is being beat 3 times in a row at this point.