1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Astros Game 1 vs. Rockets/Magic

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by apostolic3, Oct 12, 2005.

?

Which game will you follow MORE closely?

1. Astros vs. Cardinals

242 vote(s)
    61.1%
  2. Rockets vs. Magic

154 vote(s)
    38.9%
  1. Rule0001

Rule0001 Contributing Member

agree , not even close

I love the rockets, but the astros are one series away from the WORLD SERIES

the rockets are in the preseason.

it's like what's more important

the astros spring training or the nba finals with the rockets? (if the seasons were reversed)

2. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

hmmm....

important game one of the NLCS....

Or a pointless pre-season game?

Not a hard choice.

It's all about the Stros.

3. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

well...it would be different if it was the deciding game...but it is only game 1...not quite required viewing if ya ask me.

Im a MUCH bigger fan of the Rockets than I am the Stros...besides...Ill get plenty of updates in chat about hwo the Stros are doing...Im sure of that. ;)

4. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

There are a lot more fans of the city of HOUSTON than they are just simply Rockets fans.

For that reason, you'll always root for the bigger game... that being the Astros right now.

I love all things Houston... and watching one over the other doesn't make anybody any less of a fan. Frankly, there will be some Rockets people (especially Bill Worrell) who wish they could be watching the Astros tonight.

5. mitbbs

mitbbs Contributing Member

Go, Astros!!!

6. wgray

wgray Member

rockets because if i do watch the astros thay don't win and don't know why :confused:

7. bladeage

bladeage Contributing Member

i knew the astros were gonna drop the first game. oswalt will make us hop back on track tomorrow. i was just excited to see more Head. what does everybody waaaaant?!!! HEAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! what does everybody need?! HEAD!!!!! i swear this guy should come out with a fake styrofoam head when/if he ever starts. :cool:

8. BenignDMD

BenignDMD Contributing Member

Oh come on....any sports fan would watch the stros game....if the stros were not even playing, and the white sox-angels game (LCS) vs. the rockets magic second preseason game i would split the screen and have sound on the baseball game...you cannot tell me you wouldnt do the same...and ive been reading the sports page religously since i was 6 (didnt have cable till i was 17!!!)

9. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

A meaningless preseason game vs. game one of the NLCS?

Come on.....I am shocked it is even this close.

DD

PS. I wish the Rockets lost and the Astros won...

10. Boomhauer

Boomhauer Contributing Member

Exactly, why was this even close? It was pre-season vs. a playoff game!

Glad the Rockets won however, just wish the Astros won. :mad:

11. stro4swift

stro4swift Contributing Member

I'd say the Rockets/Magic game even though Stro didn't play, since I ain't from Houston and I want the Angels to win.

12. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Why are people still voting on this? Both games are over.

BTW... if you broke the vote down among Houstonians only, you shouldn't see much of a contest... probably 80% pro-Astros.

I wish the Rockets could get the passion going at the TC that the Astros have goin at MMP... but right now, the 'Stros have captured the hearts of all Houstonians, while the Rockets are still gonna have to earn it.

13. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

You wanna put money on that?

I didnt watch the Stros...I watched the Rockets...if the Stros werent playing...why in the hell wouldi give a tinker's damn about Angels/Sox?? Aint neither one of them from Houston.

and like I said...Game 1...decides NOTHING..why should I choose watching it over the Rockets?

14. CHAD444

CHAD444 Contributing Member

this should be locked!!! a preseason game being matched up with history?????????? wow......i love the rox but are u nuts????? like A.I. would say it's practice.......and the astros are real!!!!!!!! GO ASTROS!!!!!!

15. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

Rockets game for me.

Even playoff baseball is hardly tolerable to me. Baseball is just...so...sloooooooow. ZzZzzzzzz

16. DribbleHooper

DribbleHooper Contributing Member

Agreed. 162 games (or is it 182?) for a season. Ugh.

17. qrui

qrui Member

astro who?

18. Rivaldo2181

Rivaldo2181 Contributing Member

Shocking/breaking news: "Not everyone is a fan of Major League BORING BALL." I am happy for the Stros as I live in H-town and it is great to see the city with so much excitement but that doesn't mean I am going to torture myself with something I find unwatchable. I would watch the Rockets training camp before watching any baseball game.

Everyone has their likes and dislikes, and it shouldn't be shocking that not everyone would rather watch 6 hours of boredom over T-Mac, Yao and company, especially with all the new acquisitions and the young players like Baxter and Head.

19. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

You have a lot of people on this board that aren't from Houston. So it's not necessarily a given that they are going to be tuned in to the Astros. Additionally, some really do not like baseball. I do, for sure, but that doesn't mean I expect others to feel the same.

That being said, GO STROS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D