1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Astros @ Diamondbacks

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Apr 12, 2022.

1. Marshall Bryant

Supporting Member

This post aged well.

2. Squirtle

Squirtle Member

Not really.

3. Marshall Bryant

Supporting Member

And now presenting the BATTLE TO DEFINE LEGITIMACY!

4. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Nobody is getting hosed worse than us so far. It's been brutal.

5. PhiSlammaJamma

Here is what I would say, the MLB Zen commercials are visually interesting, I like, it captures the essence of the game, but for a league trying to drum up excitement and passion for their game, for god sakes, WHY. That's all i gotta say about that.

6. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

Pressly has never done well in the new extra innings rule when starting the 10th. The DBacks yesterday did what the Astros never, or rarely do is bunt in the extra inning. Niko Goodrum would of done well in the lineup yesterday, he has a Perfect game. I'd take 4-2 considering the Tuve, Yuli and Tucky not hitting. And Maldy never hits.

7. Marshall Bryant

Supporting Member

I have given up hope of ever seeing an Astros game again. Even hearing a game is now an accident more than a procedure. And MLB strategy is 20 years behind times with it's Network protection with blackout policy. I'm blacked out because I don't have any provider carrying ATT Sports Southwest and I'm in the black out area.For now, I've heard of some who can trick MLB by using a VPN service. But joining MLB.com requires a billing address and I'm sure they would flag your account and deny service at some point. Pay for services not rendered because of the silly blackout policy or just don't join. I can't afford to WASTE money taking that risk.

And even worse, have you ever flown to the visitors stadium to attend a game because your LOCAL station can't broadcast because of your black-out area?

Have you EVER attended a game because you were blacked out by MLB? I'm sure there are a precious few, but not enough to make it into a policy COMMANDMENT. Are you really interested in a team out of market enough to pay for MLB.TV?

I cannot think of ANYTHING more logical than offering a subscription for Full Access without blackouts and telling providers that's just as much a part of the package as not getting APPLE TV, FOX or ESPN games in your exclusion package.

#387 Marshall Bryant, Apr 14, 2022
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2022
    charlieaustin likes this.
  8. juicystream

It isn't about attendance, its about the channel. They want you to pressure your providers to offer the channel.

9. Marshall Bryant

Supporting Member

It hasn't worked. There are no reliable providers in my area [SPECTRUM is the ONLY one] and I'm not sure there are any unreliable ones at the moment. Streaming services are outrageously priced and/or dropping service. I just lost the local radio broadcaster (KOGT) of Astros games (when not preempted by local HS games) when they stopped Broadcasting.

I can get 790 with VPN only if I tune in before the game. They don't kick me off, but if I'm kicked off the internet after the game starts like yesterday, I can't get back in because I'm not in market. Then I can't get on because I'm IN market if I turn off VPN on the internet.

charlieaustin likes this.
  10. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

It is as legit an answer as the question. It is 6 games. The Astros ERA is 1.69. No one is asking the pitchers how they became so dominant.

11. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Pressly probably shouldn't have pitched yesterday with the short Spring and day game after night, but I get why they did it.

When you have 26 baserunners in 2 games, and only 4 score (2 were a solo HR, and the ghost runner) you deserve to lose. Whatever, on to the next series.

Nook and tellitlikeitis like this.
  12. juicystream

desihooper and Buck Turgidson like this.
  13. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

not sure if this was brought up but I had to get Direct TV a few years ago just to see astro games.

14. desihooper

desihooper Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Interesting that we lost by a run too :confused:

15. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

I am curious Nook. I know we have some money and flexibility. And we are 4-2 even thought we are playing pretty bad. So I am not ready to jump off a bridge. Hell when they lost 7 in a row or whatever it was last year we still were in the big dance. That said. If you had to throw a dart at the board. What would Click target? A bat? A TOR pitcher? A stud closer? Just curious what holes we think are there (I don't really know the team well enough to render a worthwhile opinion). Also Altuve. The decline looks real. Is the FO concerned at all? I mean he is still an above average player. But, has he changed his approach for the worse?

One opinion I do have is the loss of Springer. I really think damaged the comradery of the team. Toss in Hinch gone and now Correa. I wonder if the guys are having fun at this point. That can have a huge impact on how well they play in my opinion,.

16. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Just for comparison, Altuve had a .320 OPS at this point in his MVP season and had a .622 OPS a month into last season.

There's really nothing noteworthy to report from an offense after 6 games

tellitlikeitis likes this.
  17. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

Not even remotely concerned w anything yet other than Framber not giving me the warm and fuzzies that he'll be a TOR mainstay.

Biggest complaint is that I'm paying for Extra Innings and some of these games have been B-O-R-I-N-G. Not a great ROI so far.

18. Squirtle

Squirtle Member

bilasports. :). or depending on how much you are paying for Extra Innings, ... FUBO.

19. right1

right1 Member

My biggest complaint is the extra inning ghost runner rule. I still hate it.

everyday eddie and msn like this.
  20. msn

msn Member

Never thought I'd hate something more than the DH. But I'll never whine about the DH again--not ever, not even a smartass remark--if they just take this abomination away. My word, that is some kind of stupid.

right1 likes this.