1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Astros California Roadtrip 8/3-8/7

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by King of 40 Acres, Aug 2, 2018.

1. King of 40 Acres

King of 40 Acres Contributing Member

Any Clutchfans in LA or SF going to any of the Astros games this weekend or Monday / Tuesday?

Flying out to LA tomorrow afternoon for the games and then heading to San Fran Monday for those games.

Anyone been to a game at Dodger Stadium? I heard the fans are pretty ruthless towards opposing fans.

2. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

You should definitely wear a brand new Osuna jersey to the games in LA.

That will go well.

3. MrBear1

MrBear1 Contributing Member

I will be at Saturday's game in LA and at both games in San Francisco. Going to Hearst Castle on Sunday so won't make that game.

4. Htown Stros

Htown Stros Member

I've been to Dodger's Stadium and you'll be fine. Really, I haven't been to a baseball stadium where I felt threatened and I've been to 26 of the parks and wore Astros' gear to all of them - that being said no one truly hated the Astros until possibly recently so perhaps that has changed. In general, nothing compared to the NFL/College - I 100% felt threatened at the Saints and LSU games I went to.

Edit: If you wear an Osuna jersey as Leroy suggested then you'll most likely have a problem lol

5. conquistador#11

Doyers fans seem pretty tame compared to just 5 years ago. During the world series you could hear the pa guy encouraging them to get loud. 2013 was the last stabbing by doyers fan to a giants fan.

6. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

I dont know if the osuna story is that big nationally. Break out a Gurriel jersey, championship ring, and MAGA hat.

raining threes and Htown Stros like this.
  7. King of 40 Acres

King of 40 Acres Contributing Member

On the plane back to Houston right now. Had an amazing trip. Friday’s domination by Verlander and last nights home run by Marwin we’re definitely the highlights of the trip.