1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Astros:Another ROOKIE Another Loss

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Rox Addict, Jul 18, 2006.

1. Rox Addict

Rox Addict Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Another Rookie has beat the stros once again. Its time to finally realize that we just aren't that good. Timmy P is not going to make any moves as you don't even hear the Astros name in the trade winds, and why should we. Why should we make a trade at this point ? The post was going to be a question of what everyone thought was the main reason for such a bad year but the answer is simple, EVERYTHING: Coaching, hitting, pitching, batting, fielding, and even bad luck !! I think most of all I would say that the Astros just have no Heart or Desire to win. I can see it in Burke, Huff, and Berkman but the others just seem to be happy and content with a bad club. Tonight I finally put my foot over to the "we will not make the playoffs" side of the line. I never give up but sometimes you have to face reality....

2. Angle02

Angle02 Member

Dude...We've been owned by rookies for the past several seasons. And where were did we end up the past two years? You might have given up the past two seasons too. If you haven't learned by now not to give up until that "magic number" hasn't been reached then I guess you never will.

3. Rox Addict

Supporting Member

No I haven't given up yet I'm just human and sometimes we have to face reality. Example: If you get in a corvette that once was drove down the highway at a super fast speed but then one day it lost all 4 wheels then in REALITY it couldn't drive down the highway anymore. But if you put some new wheels on it then you have that fast car again with new life.

4. Little_Scott

Little_Scott Member

You do realize we beat Marmol a few weeks back. We just didn't come through tonight. The guy had 6 walks! We just haven't come through in situational hitting chances thus far. Hopefully Backe's impending return will light a fire...

5. Zac D

Zac D Contributing Member

Righty right right.

6. htownballa23

htownballa23 Contributing Member

Well I have always thought we were in the wild card race (we still are only 4 games back) but the way we have been playing its been dissapointing.

After checking standings today, we are currently tied with the Braves for 7th place in the Wild Card. Thats alot of teams to overcome, considering any of them can get hot, just like the Braves are right now. Still waiting for us to catch that fire.

7. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

i try not to look at the standings so i had no idea that we're playing so crappy the braves have caught up. wow i thought they were buried.

8. crose

crose Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

do you need a tissue?

9. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

the braves are beating the crap out of everyone...right now, it's the cardinals.

10. Rox Addict

Supporting Member

Yes I do to cover your face :D

11. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

i don't know if the astros have enough this year or not; looking less and less likely, but man... when they do write up this year's obituary... waking the sleeping cardinals prior to the break was the team's death knell.

they won game 1, moved within 3, evened the record at 43; had game 3 won and then blew it and then had one of those demoralizing comebacks set-up on a tee in game 4 and blew that one, too.... cards go into the break up 6, rather than 2, storm out of it, win their first 4 and essentially drive a stake into our hopes of being a player in the division race.

that, folks, is where the astros officially lost control of this season. damn, damn, damn....

12. the big E

the big E Contributing Member

good one....

How about a new thread? I think it has been eighteen whole minutes since your last one. or, are you out of groundbreaking hot topics such as this one?

try this

"why do the astros always lose to right handed latin american pitchers?"

or

"why do the astros always lose night games on tuesdays on the 18th day in july?"

there you go....enough material to last you for another half hour. :rolleyes: