1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Astros announce spring schedule

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by BobFinn*, Dec 7, 2002.

1. BobFinn*

BobFinn* Member

Astros announce spring schedule
    By JOSE DE JESUS ORTIZ
    Copyright 2002 Houston Chronicle

The Astros have released their spring training exhibition schedule with 13 home games at newly renovated Osceola County Stadium in Kissimmee, Fla., and two games against the Chicago White Sox at Minute Maid Park.

The other 15 exhibition games will be played throughout Florida in the Grapefruit League.

The Astros, who return to Kissimmee for the 19th season, will open their 2003 spring training schedule on the road in Viera, Fla., against the Montreal Expos on Feb. 28. They return to Kissimmee to play the New York Yankees on March 1.

The home schedule in Kissimmee also includes two games with the Atlanta Braves (March 3 and 12). All games at Osceola County Stadium will begin at 12:05 p.m. (Houston time).

The final two exhibition games are slated for Minute Maid Park on March 28-29 against the White Sox at 6:05 p.m. The Astros open the 2003 season on April 1 against the Colorado Rockies at 6:05 p.m.

The spring training home of the Astros since 1985, the Osceola County Stadium and Complex has been undergoing an $18.4 million renovation since the Astros finished camp last spring.

The stadium's capacity has increased to 5,225 with the addition of 300 seats. The renovation includes the installation of all chair-back seating, a new press box and separate major- and minor-league clubhouses with state-of-the-art training facilities.

Individual game tickets for Astros spring training games in Florida go on sale Jan. 18. They may be purchased in person and by mail through the Osceola County Stadium box office (home games only) or by telephone and in person at Florida Ticketmaster outlets (home and road games).

Regular season schedule:

http://houston.astros.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/hou/schedule/hou_schedule_calendar.jsp?m=4&y=2003

2. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Member
    Supporting Member

Here's to hoping we lose a LOT of games this spring training.

3. BobFinn*

BobFinn* Member

I still find it hard to believe they have been at Kissimmee for 19 years:eek:

19 years since they were at Cocoa Beach!!! Damn I'm gettin old:(

4. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Member

Bobbo, I'm ashamed of you.

You failed to mention Shaner took a 1 mil, 1 yr deal to come back to Houston and turned down SF's 1 yr 3 mil offer in the process.

Shape up I tell you :)

5. BobFinn*

BobFinn* Member

I was hoping they would re-sign Shane by the deadline. Thats great news.