1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Astros acquire Cameron Maybin

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by rocketpower2, Aug 31, 2017.

1. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Hard to get it perfect but Maybin had the go ahead run and Beltran ended up with the winning RBI. What a game!!!

BigMaloe likes this.
  2. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Insurance run became the game winning run

3. YOLO

YOLO Member

yes i said he got credit for the insurance run

4. bobrek

Whoops...never mind. I was thinking Maybin scored the 5th run (which was ultimately the winning run).

5. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

You got what you wanted lol

6. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

I ****ing love you Cameron

7. vonbock

vonbock Member

Without his hit, he hadn't played very much, we would not have won this game.

8. HstnSprtsFan101

Been clamoring for Maybin to get another shot. It's more about Hinch needing to realize that Reddick isn't a great player and Maybin over Reddick vs lefties is a no brainer. Big time hit and SB tonight. He's been clutch since we got him!

whiskeyred likes this.
  9. whiskeyred

whiskeyred Contributing Member

10. bobrek

Reddick’s splits against left handers are far superior to Maybin. You have a selective memory concerning Maybin. He had a couple of big HRs early, but you do realize he only hit .186 with a .226 OBP with Houston and his defense has been mediocre. He was also 4/7 in stolen bases with Houston. Glad he came through tonight, but....

11. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

I think you’re confused. Reddick had an unbelievable regular season. And he’s shown life this World Series.

As Springer proved tonight (and as Correa, Bergman, and Yuli proved during the regular season) you don’t bench or demote really good-great players. You never know when they’ll come back to form and demolish the opposition.

tmactoyao likes this.
  12. HstnSprtsFan101

This year they're superior. That's it. And how many times has he seen guys like Kershaw & Hill this year? It's just a no brainer really that a RHH has a better shot hitting those guys. Throw your splits out the window. Reddick is a ground out machine right now. I like the guy but he's a .227 career hitter vs lefties.

13. bobrek

Maybin lifetime vs. Kershaw

4-30 lifetime.

Reddick has faced plenty of good left handers this year and hit over .300. Why would you want to dismiss his good season this year against left handers simply because he sucked in previous years? Of all left handed hitters in the AL with more than 100 plate appearances against left handers, Reddick led them all.

travfrancis and DudeWah like this.
  14. Buck Turgidson

Are people really beating the "Start Maybin" drum? After one AB? In a 1-1 World Series?

He got his shot and he did his job beautifully. Let's not get carried away now.

jim1961, travfrancis and BigM like this.
  15. Red Chocolate

Red Chocolate Contributing Member

I am a big fan of Maybin and would like to see him play more, but Reddick is only slightly worse career wise vs lefties, so they're comparable there. Maybin is quite useful as a late inning pinch runner however, and in games that may be decided by one or two runs, he is quite valuable in those situations. I might have chosen to start Maybin tonight vs. Rich Hill however, given that LA's dominant relievers are right handed and Reddick would be a more serviceable pinch hitter later on.

16. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

Who cares who starts we need everybody to contribute as we saw tonight! Glad Maybin is on the team and I hope Reddick comes up big later on... no need to be getting egos at this time of year it's all about the Ws!