1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Astros 2023 Schedule

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by J.R., Aug 24, 2022.

1. Tuckmose

Tuckmose Member

Very good point, this might be the final year we crack 100 wins if we don't get to play the AL West 80 times per year.

2. Buck Turgidson

Except the Angels and Rangers seem to act like they are thinking about trying to get their s**t together, so you never know.

3. Buck Turgidson

We've basically colonized their state, and own half of it. The stereotype of obnoxious rich Texan oil guy is a stereotype for a reason.

Wulaw Horn likes this.
  4. Marshall Bryant

Supporting Member

No problem. We just have new teams to DOMINATE,

5. Marshall Bryant

Supporting Member

Hey. I resemble that remark, I just deposited my $43 check for a years worth of royalties from the Great East Texas Oil Field. I'm RICH!.

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  6. Marshall Bryant

Supporting Member

Since I like symmetry and hate November baseball, I tweaked the new schedule to do both.

League Games 108 games - 54H/54A
    __Division 48 games 4 3 game series - 2 H/2A each 48 games
    __Other league games 60 Games - 20 3 game series - 1H/1A

Interleague Games - 46 Games
    __42 Games 14 3 game series - 7H/7A alternating yearly.
    __Rival - 4 Games 2 2 game series - 1H/1A

This results in a 154 game regular season schedule (like AL before 1961 and NL before 1962, but the post season series will all be extended to seven games to balance the marketing value. WC from 3-7, LDS 5-7 games. Revenue sharing will probably be affected.

Back date the beginning of the season so the season WILL NOT extend into November under ANY circumstances. This means playoffs have to start around September 20 for 4 7 game playoff series with travel days.

#26 Marshall Bryant, Aug 27, 2022
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2022
  7. J.R.

J.R. Member

8. Marshall Bryant

Supporting Member

We owned the western side of the state first. It was part of The Republic of Texas. Not Denver, but very close to it.

9. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

So we close the season with a NL team for the second year in a row? Thx MLB. They must anticipate those games not meaning much

10. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Not understanding that early series against the Twins. Have to travel on a Wednesday to play @ MN on Thursday...only to have Friday off and then finish the series on the weekend. Why wouldn't they just give them Thursday off to travel instead? Why do they have to complicate it like that?

crose likes this.