1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Astros 2021 Season General Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Snake Diggit, Apr 15, 2021.

1. raining threes

It was Click's choice to re-sign Brantley, Click would've been crazy to not re-sign Brantley it would've been negligence to not re-sign him it it was possible. (It was) I'm just thankful Luhnow left Click the minor leagues full of good young pitching. To say Click has done an avg job, to below avg job isn't crapping on Click. I was just replying to posters who replied to me. I'm sorry our conversations seem to bother you.

2. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Other than the dogers who spend 200+ mil the Astros have been the best team in baseball over the last 5-6 years. Most of that is attributable to the players luhnow got. He deserves a job. Almost all the guys on the current team are guys under the luhnow era. He deserves a shot somewhere. I would say the sticky stuff probably is worse than sign stealing and no one has been fired for that.

jiggyfly and No Worries like this.
  3. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

I agree. The MLB has never claimed to be “fair”.

4. Buck Turgidson

All MLB has to do is say publicly "HEY LOOK...you can use this one MLB approved product, it will be in the dugout, the bullpen and on the mound, and if we catch you using any other **** you're suspended for 60 games

But MLB and Manfred are entirely too ****ing stupid to do something so simple, just like they have been with every other issue that puts a black eye on baseball.

desihooper, jiggyfly, jim1961 and 2 others like this.
  5. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

It was Click that decided to give the good young pitching a chance, which has allowed our window to stay open a little while longer.

I have no problem with having an opinion on Click but I have no idea why you think randomly ******** on Click in various threads is a good idea, do you think it will change anything?

cbass, IowaAstro and Snake Diggit like this.
  6. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

Good, whatever they can do to hide the bullpen.

the shark and conquistador#11 like this.
  7. The Beard

The Beard Contributing Member

Agree

And to help limit starters innings it would be interesting if they moved Odorizzi around from starter to starter piggybacking. Not with ZG obviously, but the others.

the shark likes this.
  8. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

9. The Drake

The Drake Member

By this logic, no FA signing can really be praised, right? Because if they didn't sign X, they would've just signed Y. I guess you could look at ROI.

Either way, seems odd to write off good moves even if they weren't totally unexpected. He still did it, ya know?

jiggyfly likes this.
  10. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

It is beginning to look a lot like Straw and McCormick are here to stay whether one views this as good or bad. Click may have a hard time spending Crane's money in the offseason. Might have to settle for bringing back Correa.

No Worries and Snake Diggit like this.
  11. Marshall Bryant

Supporting Member

It's takes a real blindness to say that the Gurriel and Brantley signings weren't a good move.They are both bang for buck winners.

jiggyfly, cbass, mikol13 and 2 others like this.
  12. Snake Diggit

Snake Diggit Member

Yeah, extending Gurriel was a stroke of genius. The way Gurriel was playing last season no one would have guessed he’d be this good. Obviously Click saw a buy-low opportunity and so far it looks amazing.

13. Snake Diggit

Snake Diggit Member

Bring back Verlander. Sign whichever FA SS represents the best value. Extend Tucker, Alvarez, Framber, Garcia, Urquidy, Javier, and/or Leon.

IowaAstro likes this.
  14. awc713

awc713 Member

Correa is certainly playing like someone who will receive a 250M+ type contract so long as he stays healthy the rest of the way, knock on wood. I wonder what team will bite the bullet. His villain persona may hurt himself when it comes to incoming offers. I could see NYY going after him around 200m if that’s all it takes, and slide Gleybar to 2B/ DJ to 1B.

15. raining threes

Luhnow was giving young pitchers a chance before Click even got here. Do you remember the Urquidy start in the 2019 WS? Framber? Trading for Taylor? Be glad Luhnow had all of this young pitching stock piled for Click to give a chance too.

Responding to posts and thinking Click (Who under his watch has turned a three time 100 win team, into if the Stros are lucky a 95 win team is crapping on Click? Commenting on Click parting ways with Goldstein is crapping on Click? Commenting on the Castro, Baez FA signings before the season started as being bad use of available funds is crapping on Click? No, it's not crapping on Click , you just dont like the things I point out ,( beforehand I might add.) Or maybe you just dont like me personally ? I'm in touch with reality enough to know anything posters post on this MB isn't going to change a thing and that goes for all three major sports on this MB.

Funny thing is, if Click can find a way to fix the bullpen, (The only thing Click didn't have handed to him on a silver platter) then the Stros under Click will have a chance to compete for another championship.

I'm not doing anything but giving my opinions on the job Click

16. raining threes

Good moves are keeping the players Luhnow acquired. I didn't mean to infer I was writing off good moves. I was just saying the Brantley re-signing was expected.

17. raining threes

I never said these signings weren't good moves.

What I said was they were expected moves. Or atleast they should've been expected by people that follow the team.

18. Marshall Bryant

Supporting Member

Thanks for the clarification. Click hasn't been bad as much as my expectations of the remarkable deal are lower. So I tend to see Luhnow as a remarkably good GM and Click as eh?

raining threes likes this.
  19. Marshall Bryant

Supporting Member

Verlander - I've wondered if this might be the exception to the "not negotiating a new contract during the season" rule. I'd love to know if they have had any conversations at all about a new contract or extension.

Snake Diggit likes this.
  20. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Last year did not count.

Good to know.

jiggyfly likes this.