1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Astros 2015 playoff chances

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by samtaylor, Jul 29, 2015.

1. Rockets12

Rockets12 Member

2. HookemHorns1250

Obviously it's biased to say this, but it's hard to find a team more fun to watch than the Astros.

They just go out there, and have fun. They don't care how young they are...they don't care what the "Experts" predicted, and they have a chemistry within the team that I really don't see around the majors. There is no selfishness in this team. They play when their number is called, and give it 100 percent.

Then it comes to the playoff race. Unlike the Rockets...I'm not as stressed, or demanding they meet a certain expectation. I'm just enjoying the ride. Heck, we were Praying for a .500 season. Now we're 4 games up in August? Don't get me wrong, I loved every single second of the playoff run in '05, but this is just something special. I can't remember a team I've been more proud of to watch.

3. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Fangraphs has a thing called NERD scores to try to analytically find the fun games to watch based on aesthetic quality of the team and starting pitchers as determined by a member of the fangraphs staff. Astros are considered the 4th or 5th most aesthetically pleasing team.

4. cangrejero51

cangrejero51 Member

VV has great stuff, i would move him to the bullpen for the playoff run, and the same in september. He should go to the minors to get repetitions out of the bullpen. If we get VV to do that job, then our bullpen becomes really tough. I think we could use another lefty reliever.

I don't think Feldman makes the roster.

5. Buck Turgidson

Also remember that anyone on the DL Aug 31 is eligible for the playoff roster (currently Deduno and Peacock). Howevah! anyone who is eligible for the playoff roster but is on the DL when playoff rosters are submitted may be replaced by *anyone in the organization*. So if there's a couple of guys who tear it up after September 1st callups (Appel/Singleton/White/VV/???), they can be on the playoff roster regardless of where they were playing or if they were even on the 40-man on Aug 31.

6. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

whoa! That's crazy! You're sure that they don't have to be on the 40-man at least?

7. Buck Turgidson

Nope. Anybody in the organization as of August 31st is eligible as an injury replacement.