1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Astros 2011 Schedule

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by rockets934life, Sep 14, 2010.

1. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

http://houston.astros.mlb.com/schedule/index.jsp?c_id=hou&m=4&y=2011

Nice interleague schedule at home with Boston, Tampa and of course Texas while we go to Toronto.

Open the season in Philly and close with Colorado and St Louis.

Something interesting, we start on a weekend and end during the week. I guess this is so the playoffs can start on a weekend instead of during the week.

http://houston.astros.mlb.com/news/..._id=14659048&vkey=news_hou&fext=.jsp&c_id=hou

Here is a link to the schedule for every MLB team...

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/base...aycomSports-TopStories+(Sports+-+Top+Stories)

#1 rockets934life, Sep 14, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2010
  2. H-townhero

H-townhero Member

damn thats a rough interleague schedule, how do they determine who we play anyways?

3. Mattj

Mattj Member

Sox Fans take over Minute Maid Part II....Is MLB just dumb that they don't schedule the Rangers games on the weekend which would encourage both fan bases to travel?

4. Poloshirtbandit

It was originally on a rotation, but I guess they got off that a few years ago. Maybe some of the home and away rivalries messed it up.

5. Major

Major Member

Haven't they been weekend series in the past? That said, if I'm MLB, I think the assumption is that those games sell out no matter what, so you can increase total attendance by putting them during the week.

6. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

I thought it was a rotational thing with divisions. Didn't play the Sox this season, but they played TB in May. Strange.

7. NJRocket

NJRocket Contributing Member

thats what i thought....we played AL East this year....i thot it rotates (other than always playing Tex)

8. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

Nice home interleague schedule that will make some $$$

Astros are going to be up against it right off the bat.