1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Asking Hip Hop fans for Opinion on a song

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Tha TC, Dec 17, 2008.

Tags:
  1. Tha TC

Tha TC Member

Its me My brother and a potna of ours my brother GT is first Pop is second and I am last and also am singing on the chorus

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/uUeYATpY1cI&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/uUeYATpY1cI&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

2. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

haven't clicked on the video yet.

but, it took me four reads to understand what the hell you just typed.

3. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

and here just today I was saying to myself, "Man its been a long time since we had a rap song about getting money, women, and fame."

Epic.

4. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

Mike Jones beat you to it.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ikCIp6VPv2E&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ikCIp6VPv2E&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I like the beat, but seriously, enough of money, fame, chains, women, like moes said.

RIP Big Moe also...

5. Lynus302

Lynus302 Contributing Member

me too.

6. Asian Sensation

wutz wrong wid yo potna's hands at 1:15 duz he gots leprosy or wutz ?

7. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

What is a "potna" ?

;)

8. Grandpappy

Grandpappy Member

9. Tha TC

Tha TC Member

my fault i was in a rush to type while burping my son. And mike jones shouldnt count i wouldnt consider what he does "music" anyway.

the guy on the first verse is my brother the guy on the 2nd verse is a good friend/associate of his and i am on the last verse... song is a couple years old to me but new to you just rate the song please

10. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

Hilarious! Good job.

11. Landlord Landry

my honest opinion......

for such a great beat, the hook sucks. you should use the blues riff as more than an intro, it's not like it would be way off beat.

your brother is the best rapper on this song.......more of him, less of POP.

as the others have stated, get money, fame, hoes, etc.....is played out, but you definitley have somethin to build upon. keep workin.

12. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Hey I liked it. Rather jam music like this than most of the stuff on the radio. Love H-Town music! First guy, which I guess is GT, sounds like the old school Master P.

13. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

The hook isn't bad . . a big repetitive but hey . . that is why it is the hook
    The music and production seemed decent. Not the best I heard but not the worse.

The lyrics/content - that is a major snooze fest
    as others have touched on it was generic
    and well . . if you don't stand out .. .your cannot be considered Outstanding

The flow was decent. Didn't seem overly force and unnatural

As I listen to this song . . .
    [i'm an old head so . . .take it for what it is worth]
    I could not bang it in my car cause. . it don't bump
    I could not dance to it in a club cause . .. it don't bump

this would not be a single. .this would be track number x on the album
    filler more than anything

I suspect this is not your best
    but
    it shows promise. . . .

up the ante on the content . . .
    the slow whine dr dre stuff. . it is a'ight but nothing special

I would have to listen to more before I pass to harsh a judgement on ya'll

I'd give is a C-

Rocket River
    . . . also . . .I heavily favor lyrics over music

14. Tha TC

Tha TC Member

thank you very much... i appreciate the feedback i appreciate the breakdown of the likes and dislikes also... i may follow up in a few weeks with another song (a solo of mine w/o singing) as for the beat theres a remix of the song my cousin produced (he made the origional beat also) that is more club friendly once again thank you for your opinion

15. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

I'm not into this type of hip hop at all, but I think it sounds alright, so take that as an endorsement.

I also recommend rapping about something else. It's much easier to find a niche instead of competing w/ 100 other groups rapping about the same thing.

16. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

I don't get what is so bad about the content that is in the song. Sure a lot of people may rap about the same stuff but its like that with every rap song out there. They're either rapping about love, how much drugs they sold, politics, dancing, sex, braggin'/ballin' or fighting/killing. Its all about preference. I much rather the hear the H-Town style of music where they rap about having a good time as opposed to how much drugs they've sold or I love blah blah blah or do the stanky leg. Music doesn't always have to be serious.

It doesn't matter if 100 other groups rap about the same thing. Look at the Billboard charts. The majority of music on there have the same content, just different genre. Theres 100s of rappers that rap like Jay or Nas, but there is only 1 Jay and 1 Nas. Point being, folks may rap about the same thing, but some can do it better than others.

17. Landlord Landry

actually there are alot of hip-hop artist that never rap about money, paper, dope, glocks, benzo, bling etc.....

for me, lyrics are a crucial piece of a song.....lame, repetitive, dinky, or uncoordinated lyrics can really sink an otherwise good collaboration, and good lyrics can make a pretty weak beat sound good. Just seems like alot of mainstream rap is regurgitated rhymes, like they are passed from one artist to another. just my .02

18. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

To an extent, I understand. If this is just one track out of 10 where the lyrics are like this, fine. But we only have one track to judge, so that's all we have to go on.

And in the end it does matter what everyone else is doing. I'm just offering some perspective about getting signed. I can only speak from the experiences of friends of mine. It's better to stand out then to blend in. Labels will give your first track a listen, if you don't surprise them in some immediate way you're stuff is going in the trash before the next chorus.

EDIT: I didn't mean to insult the OP either. Judging from the quality of the production, I'm sure I'm not saying anything brand new.

#18 professorjay, Dec 17, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2008
  19. T-Yao

T-Yao Member

translation

It's me, my brother, and a partner of ours rapping. My brother, GT, is the first one rapping, Pop is the second, and i am the last. I am also singing on the chorus part.

20. yaoluv

yaoluv Member

I liked it.

You and your bro were the best. Your partner needs some work.