1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

asking for prayers...

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by verse, Feb 18, 2011.

1. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

I'm so sorry. I bet things seem like they can't get better, but trust me when I say that they will. Stay strong.

2. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

So sorry for your loss, verse and girlfriend. It seems pretty incomprehensible to anyone who has not gone through it. Therefore, I won't assume to understand what you are going through. Grieve as much as you need to and, hopefully, you both will bounce back and try again. Good luck to both of you as you deal with difficult days ahead but you two can and will rebound from this. Believe it.

#82 Surfguy, Feb 21, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2011
  3. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Contributing Member

sorry to hear such sad news. nothing I can say but stay strong.

4. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

My condolences, verse.

Please take care of yourself and your wife.

5. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

:( Que En Paz Descanse Miles.

verse, sir... nothing I can say will reverse anything that happened in the past, but let me assure you that you can make things better for you and your family and especially your woman by staying strong and being a pillar of hope.

Remember that it's no one's fault that things like these happen. Trust each other to make this better. Be well.

6. cson

cson Contributing Member

condolences my friend

7. the futants

the futants Contributing Member

Condolences to you and your loved ones. Brighter days are ahead.

8. verse

verse Contributing Member

Nail on the head. I am completely spent right now. Went to work today and it was a struggle. Got around 2 hours of sleep, if that and pulled 12 hours. In some ways it helps because I can focus on something different. At the same time, I know my temper is hair trigger right now. Work knows what's going on, at least management does, so they're giving me space. At the same time, I know I need to take a vaca. My pops is offering the possibility of going to Maine for a bit and I think I may explore that. I don't know anyone there at all, but it may be a good option.

9. verse

Thank you. And to everyone in this thread. Thank you.

10. verse

I have my brother coming this way soon, so that will help. In the meantime I have to hold it inside and keep working.

11. tstew

tstew Member

You'll be in my prayers, but I also want to let you know that as difficult as it is, you can make it through this. My wife and I unexpectedly lost our first. Leaving the hospital without her was one of the most difficult things we have had to do. But I told my wife that we would be back, and we would be leaving on happier terms next time.
    Our second pregnancy took an unexpected turn for the worst, and we were forced to deliver prematurely at 2 pounds and 5 ounces. Now almost 2 years later, we have a healthy and huge son (also into an extended family with almost all girls).
    During some of those periods, I honestly could not see how I would ever laugh or even smile again...let alone go on with my life and my relationships. However, as people, we have an amazing ability to overcome obstacles, pick up pieces, and still create a future for us and our loved ones. Give you and your girlfriend time to deal with the natural human emotions, find someone trustworthy you can lean on. You also sound like a spiritual person, so learn how to lean on the Power that is higher than you.
    Once again, you all will be in my prayers. I know you don't know me, but let me know if I can be of any assistance.

God bless,

1 person likes this.
  12. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Repped. Reading this post brought back a lot of memories. You put it much better than I could have possibly done.

I must have missed this thread yesterday. The wife and I went through this back in 2009. We lost our daughter at 38 weeks. Truly the darkest year of our lives. We went through things I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy.

Sorry for your loss verse. Like everyone says, be there for your girlfriend...but don't forget that you have to mourn too. Don't keep it inside or it will just fester and blow up later - and that won't be pretty.

13. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

a vacation sounds like a good idea verse. you need some peace and be away from anything that can trigger more anxiety. I heard Maine is very nice.

stay strong man.

14. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

my sister and her husband did that when they lost their little boy a month before he was due. i know it helped them a lot.

15. Qball

Qball Contributing Member

Our prayers are with you, you and your wife will overcome this no doubt.

16. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

So sorry for your loss.

17. droxford

droxford Member

Has she now had a DNC ?

18. droxford

droxford Member

EDIT: Has she now had a D&C procedure?

19. bnb

bnb Contributing Member

Sorry to hear this Verse. Very sad news. Our twins were born too soon and too small and survived only a short time. Too hard to express the grief. Take care of yourself and your family.

You may find friends and others saying some things that are insensitive. Try to be patient with them if you can. They mean well, but none of us are really equipped to deal with this stuff.

I do like the getting away idea. You need to grieve and comfort each other. Our best wishes to both of you.

20. Precision340

Precision340 Member

Sorry for your loss Verse. My prayers are with you and your family at this time.