1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Asians only!!! Do you like PF Changs??

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by rockbox, Jul 6, 2008.

Tags:
?

Do you like PF Changs???

1. Yes!!! Its really good, and rockbox is just an Asian food snob

49 vote(s)
    43.4%
  2. NO!!! I rather heat up some Chun King than it that crap???

64 vote(s)
    56.6%
  1. BiGGieStuFF

BiGGieStuFF Contributing Member

I like PF changs but I just think it's too expensive for asian style food.

2. silkmandarin

silkmandarin Member

I'm Chinese and wouldn't go to PF Chang's unless someone else was paying... But I wouldn't hesitate for a second to open up a place like that even though it doesn't serve "real" Chinese food b/c it's insane how many people are willing to overpay to eat there.

3. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

I've eaten there once. No likey.....

I sometimes go to the places on Bellaire. It's cheaper and tastier. Plus, it's almost like traveling abroad.

BTW I'm latin.

ooh and why can't I pull an asian broad?

4. Yaozer

Yaozer Member

Since when did Chinese restaurants serve real "authentic" Chinese food. That's like expecting Taco Bell to be serve real Mexican food.

Anyways, PF Chang is too expensive for the same crappy taste I can get elsewhere for $3.75. Most of my non-Asian friends go there, and by that I mean non-Oriental.

It's like what Mai's (Pho @ downtown) is to the other Pho restaurants in Bellaire.

5. farrisdabis

farrisdabis Member

What's the most authentic Chinese restaurant in Houston? I want to try something that tastes like it came right out of a Beijing restaurant. I've heard Cafe 101. Asian people, tell me!

6. Yaozer

Yaozer Member

Don't you have any Chinese friends? Just go over their place for dinner.. maybe their mums will cook up something real good.

However if you don't have any, I heard Yao's restaurant on Westheimer/Gessner makes the best authentic Beijing food.

7. IROC it

IROC it Contributing Member

Isn't Pei Wei the same company? As is Tin Star?

8. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

not exactly, there are several authentic mexican restaurants in houston, and I'm not talking tex mex.

at these little chinese restaurants in my area, the owners whether they are chinese, vietnamese, or korean, all speak spanish as well as english so they can speak to their workers and their customers. truly astounding when you think about it.

9. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I ate at Yao's and didn't think it was that good but I had one of the lunch specials instead of ordering the dishes Chinese style so that may have explained it.

10. davidwu

davidwu Contributing Member

I have only been there once, but the best part is actually the desert, which is not Chinese anyway. The rice was too dry and the food tastef worse than some take-outs.

11. Samar

Samar Contributing Member

PF Chang is overpriced trash

12. LeoneWestern

LeoneWestern Rookie

If you want authentic Chinese food, go to a Chinese person's house where they cook the food that has been pass down from generations to generations... Going to a Restaurant is a commercial profit for the corporate world run by supply and demand... Going to a person's home is more from the heart and soul of authenticity..... I hate Vern Troyer now!!!

13. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I know Pei Wei is. Haven't heard of Tin Star before

14. RocketRaccoon

RocketRaccoon Contributing Member

Half Japanese and I'll half agree with the futants. Love my noodles! :D

15. Faos

Faos Contributing Member

<object width="512" height="296"><param name="movie" value="http://www.hulu.com/embed/u6M46_KNhXaaa0Q4u25auQ"></param><embed src="http://www.hulu.com/embed/u6M46_KNhXaaa0Q4u25auQ" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="512" height="296"></embed></object>