1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ASG] 3 PT Shoot out. Participants announced.

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by kikimama, Feb 6, 2008.

1. Bob Monkeyson

Bob Monkeyson Member

well they choose some pretty good players, but I would've also liked to see someone like allen, j-rich, or even lewis cause they've made a lot of 3's this year. I agree that I'm not sure why they choose Hamilton, he's a good shooter, but he doesn't take too many 3's and his % isn't that good. But with kobe, nash, and peja, this should definitely be worth watching.

2. JeopardE

JeopardE Contributing Member

The choice of Rip is particularly mind-boggling. He's improved this year sure, but he still takes relatively few threes (just one three pointer made per game) and is a career 34% 3 point shooter.

How did they choose him over the myriad of other choices from Lewis, Turkoglu, Redick, Allen, Richardson, Bell, House, Johnson, Terry, Finley, Jones? Heck, even Derek Fisher would have been a much better choice.

3. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

...................................which brings me to QRich.

What has happened to his shot?!?!?!?!?!?

4. rocketsbay

rocketsbay Member

Check out the video of Kapano's workout for the contest on nba.com. He got 29 points out of a possible 30, he missed 1 shot!!!

5. rocketsbay

rocketsbay Member

6. scv_rockets

scv_rockets Member

I swear...if Steve Novak was in this, he would definitely be a contender to win the contest. He's automatic from 3 point land.

How does one get selected into the 3 point contest (and Slam Dunk) anyways?

7. igotask8board

igotask8board Member

I think the fans should vote for half the contestants.

Novak would have a shot at making it, and it would get guys like James White in the dunk contest.

8. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

Novak would obviously win the contest but he needs more recognition and playing time.

EDIT: Damn, Novak has some competition with Kapono. I didn't know he could stroke it THIS well.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/y5RYIqYe5D4&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/y5RYIqYe5D4&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

#28 WhoMikeJames, Feb 6, 2008
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2008
  9. Tree-Mac

Tree-Mac Contributing Member

I think Nash will win.

10. dewster

dewster Member

Kobe? Hamilton? i have a feeling this will be quite interesting and entertaining. cant wait till all star weekend!!

11. Yaozer

Yaozer Member

This is a very interesting roster for the 3 pt shoot out. Maybe Nash will pass them the ball instead, and they'll all shoot lights out.

12. Roll-Wit-Da-Mac

What about T-Mac...how come hes never been in a 3-point contest

13. demon77

demon77 Member

If fans get to vote, i'll be voting for Shaq, Yao, Ben Wallace, etc......... it would be a hell lot more entertaining to watch them shoot 3 then sharp shooter.

14. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

My idea of the selection process should be like this:

1. The best 3pt shooter among the all-star starters. That will guarantee at least one big name guy.

2. The defending champion.

3. The top 3 3pt shooters of the season so far.

4. Fans vote one more contestant.

15. Alvin Choo

Alvin Choo Member

16. lalala902102001

Why isn't Steve Novak in this thing? He can win it. He's the best shooter in the world when nobody's guarding him.

17. Bob Monkeyson

Bob Monkeyson Member

there isn't a doubt in my mind that Novak would do really well in this contest, but the thing is that if fans turn it on and see some guy they barely even know, they might not want to watch it...unless he really knocks a lot down, that's why i think they don't choose someone like him