1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

As we start to "re-open"

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by ThatBoyNick, Apr 24, 2020.

1. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

They are getting their last taxpayer supported COVID party in before the grift train ends...

2. NewRoxFan

3. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

So that's where the skimmed state supply of vaccines went...:rolleyes:

4. NewRoxFan

Why did TX elect this guy???

5. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I just looked up a few schools near my house to see what Covid counts were. There were 13 schools within 4 miles who had active cases of teachers with Covid-19. All of them are schools I substitute teach at. This is why I had to quit substitute teaching this year. It involves going to several different schools just to get Special Ed assignments. I couldn't take that chance living with someone high risk.

My unemployment ran out after 5 months (August), because we make so little money subbing. First time in my life I ever applied for unemployment. Sad, but true. Such is the life of a substitute teacher. At least I didn't get Covid though, or infect loved ones.

6. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm seeing a lot of misleading posts and tweets out there conflating the COVID-19 relief bill with the omnibus spending bill. Of course Trump is adding to that by threatening to the veto the bill over things that aren't in it The COVID-19 bill doesn't include foreign aid or arts funding. All of that is in the Omnibus spending bill.

Much of the foreign aid in omnibus bill are priorities of the Trump Administration, such as the aid to Sudan is part of the agreement for them to make peace with Israel.

Whether there is COVID-19 or not an omnibus spending bill would still be there as it is part of Congress' regular duty to fund government. Posts criticizing the COVID-19 bill or calling for it to be vetoed are not only misleading but very damaging at a time when this is very needed. If Trump vetos the COVID-19 bill one of his last acts will be to leave Americans suffering under this crisis when a hard fought agreement had been reached..

7. NewRoxFan

Meanwhile, COVID-19 is still growing everywhere, including Montgomery County...

Montgomery County hits record high with active COVID-19 cases
    https://www.yourconroenews.com/neig...cnfeeds&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

8. NewRoxFan

9. NewRoxFan

10. NewRoxFan

11. NewRoxFan

Ziggy likes this.
  12. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

I doubt I fly until 2022, when this Covid situation is more in control. It's gonna be one fine vacation when I finally feel safe enough to fly, that's for sure. I have a lot of making up to do.

I was watching the videos during a segment about 75 million Americans flying through the holidays and from what I saw it didn't look like social distancing whatsoever in those ticket lines. Not only that, I just can't imagine sitting next to someone without a mask drinking cocktails the entire flight and feeling one bit safe.

13. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm still hoping for this summer. The last few years I've spent Christmas and New Years in Asia with family but this year I haven't been on a plane since I flew back from Asia on New Years Day. I'm going to see what things look like in February. If it looks like vaccinations are proceeding well and widespread availability will be in the Spring I'm going to go ahead and book travel for this summer.

14. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I have flown. But it's really astonishing to me American's cant figure out how to keep distance in a line. Same issue when voting. You can fly and probably be relatively safe, but you probably definitely wont be able to relax. It's unnerving and frustrating because your maximum safety is in the hands (compliance) of others.

B-Bob likes this.
  15. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

Well, I've already seen the damage the selfish no mask, no social distancing Americans have done spreading the virus. I'll wait to fly. You can't weed those jerks out on a plane.

arkoe likes this.
  16. NewRoxFan

lil' marco, florida man...

17. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Man, this guy turned into a tool just like 90% of the other Republicans during Trump's run. Say what "works" I guess. Sigh.

deb4rockets likes this.
  18. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

This man is just working on his bonafides, for his next Presidential run.

deb4rockets likes this.
  19. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

Let him run. Let Cruz, Abbott or Crenshaw run. Let Ivanka, JR or Donald run. They will just ensure a Republican doesn't take office again 4 years from now.

They are all birds of a feather. They were all part of the let it spread to save a dollar mindset. I never saw a single one of them ever shed a tear of remorse for the hundreds of thousands who left an empty seat at the table this Christmas.

No Worries likes this.
  20. NewRoxFan