1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

As we start to "re-open"

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by ThatBoyNick, Apr 24, 2020.

1. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

2. NewRoxFan

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  3. NewRoxFan

Local officials begging governor abbott to act...

Ziggy likes this.
  4. NewRoxFan

Numbers (new cases, hospitalizations, deaths) all spiking in Montgomery County
    [​IMG]

5. NewRoxFan

And yet, governor abbott sits on his hands...

Texas must boost coronavirus control efforts amid "full resurgence" of infections, White House report says
    Among the task force’s recommendations: Officials in Texas should significantly reduce capacity in indoor spaces, including those that are privately owned.
    https://www.texastribune.org/2020/1...06841752&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter

6. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Ken Paxton and Greg Abbott are heartless human beings who are all about money, not the Covid rise in Texas. Then you have the two fools Ted Cruz and Crenshaw who are watching this happen in Texas, and blaming China 10 months since we could have contained this. They are all to blame.

China didn't force them to follow Trump's no mask stance, and make it a political thing for 70 million cult followers to mimic. China didn't force them to open up, ignore the signs, keep carrying on and scoffing it off as nobody but 1%. China didn't force Trump and his litter to prance around the country for months holding Covid spreading rallies. China didn't force GOP Governors to be like Trump. Nope. They did all this on their own. They are the death cult. All they care about is guns, money, oil, and power.
    They sicken me.

Crenshaw might have served in the military, but I sure as hell don't consider him a Patriot. He's a scumbag like the rest. Can't even sacrifice a simple thing like wearing a mask now, because he's too busy brown nosing for power and solidarity with the snake in a suit. Ugh.

7. NewRoxFan

But sure, lets end ACA and its pre-existing condition protections...

conquistador#11 and No Worries like this.
  8. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Beginning tomorrow, many Houston area hospitals are going back to the no guest policy.

conquistador#11, No Worries and Ziggy like this.
  9. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

USA president is still working his election on all force after being defeated weeks ago. He is not doing anything on the pandemic, and 40% people are still supporting him. What a world!

No Worries and deb4rockets like this.
  10. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

It gives me a whole new perspective of millions of Americans, and not a good one. We have far too many selfish, greedy, heartless human beings in this country.

11. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

Sick, tragic, and immoral.

No Worries likes this.
  12. NewRoxFan

gee, I guess having a incompetent president, unconcerned about American lives and only focused on his own reelection in charge during a global pandemic was a bad thing?

deb4rockets likes this.
  13. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I have an aunt in assisted living and they were letting people into the building for the past few months, you had to be temperature screened. Last night when I dropped off groceries they have gone back to not allowing outsiders in.

deb4rockets likes this.
  14. NewRoxFan

source: Pew Research...

15. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Sobering, as is a full 9/11's worth of American fatalities now per day.

EDIT: For full context, over 325,000,000 Americans survive the pandemic every day. And a similar number survived the terrorist attacks of 9/11/2001. Even more Americans survived Rudy Giuliani's flatulence this week, (though I have not checked hospital data on that last one). With hat tip to the King for steering me appropriately.

#3415 B-Bob, Dec 3, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2020
  16. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Call it what it is, the Trump virus.

deb4rockets likes this.
  17. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

You really need to put that in context by noting the incredible amount of survivors each day in America.

B-Bob likes this.
  18. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

I have an aunt who died of Covid in a nursing home 3 days ago in Nebraska. She had been there most of the year, but I'm pretty sure they stopped allowing visitors months ago. The nursing home notified her son she tested positive for Covid, but was asymptomatic. She died a couple days later. Really sad. Her daughter died last April, after getting really sick (Thought she had the flu). She was found dead in the house a few days later. I don't even know if she was tested for Covid, but I heard that happens a lot when they die before getting to a hospital, and this was early April. So sad. She was one of the nicest people, and so was her Mom.

19. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

20. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

How many of those survivors from Covid are permanently damaged though? That's the scary part. Nobody even knows. My cousin in Louisiana ended up back in the hospital twice, two months after she had Covid. She never needed hospitalization at the time of Covid. Two months later she had blood clots in her lungs. Then you have the whole life insurance / health insurance thing. There will be a lot of Americans who will be suffering the consequences of either higher premiums or actual denial of coverage for having Covid-19.