1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

As of now Harden is not a No:1 option

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by LBJ-Tmac, Apr 27, 2013.

1. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yes. Not only was he trying to make a play he was trying to pass the ball and make an unselfish play.

Some of the Harden bashing is because he's too selfish. I would have liked to see Harden shoot the shot, but I understand him wanting to feed a hot shooter, and Harden wasn't getting the calls on a lot of the drives to the basket.

Harden isn't the best possible leader yet, but he's on his way and has shown the potential to be that leader.

2. Rox23

Rox23 Member

Making an unusual number of mistakes usually means of one three things: (1)you're not really concentrating because you've got your mind on the max-contract payoff you've got sitting in the bank; (2) you are concentrating but you're nervous and that nervousness affects your game; or (3) you're up against a great defender or great defensive team.

With Harden I would say that it is some combination of 1 and 3, with maybe a eentsy bit of 2 mixed in (notice for example that the really big errors happened inside the last two minutes: missed free throws, two mindless turnover)

3. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I think he's shown a ton of potential. I've said that we still weren't going to win this series because Durant>Harden...I think he'll learn from this all. There was a time when Lebron didn't know when to be selfish or unselfish...it's extremely hard to balance that and it takes some experience.

Well...maybe he's thinking about something else? How can we just assume that? You are over thinking this. He drove into the lane, it was suddenly cut off, and he thought he could pass it out. You really think as he's driving down the lane to take a huge shot he's thinking "Man! I can't wait to buy me a new house!!"

4. Patterned919

Patterned919 Member

lmao thinking about the money he has in the bank.

You guys can't be serious.

5. Rox23

Rox23 Member

The Rockets lost this game because of three point shooting, and lots of little things that didn't go their way. Had Harden had an even average shooting game, the Rockets would have however overcome all that and won the game.

6. Rox23

Rox23 Member

If TRob was in there the Rockets would have won for sure.

7. GoRox2013

GoRox2013 Member

Cool

Watch the 4th quarter in particular last 5 minutes. Harden's passes were terrible in a very disturbing in a somewhat calculated way. The turnover to Fisher still has me scratching my head:confused:

8. kjhwang

kjhwang Member

Don't blame the loss on Harden. Blame it on defensive mistakes. Watch the game again and towards the end, you'll see how much space the team gave Durant. Time is the only cure.

9. Reach

Reach Member

As of now, Harden is 23 years old.

10. roxxy

roxxy Member

I don't know what is worse, the armchair doctors that siad Lin wasn't that hurt or the armchair psychics that can supposedly read Harden's mind.

11. GoRox2013

GoRox2013 Member

First off, this is only my opinion based of what I observed from myself. Secondly, everybody makes dumb turnovers.

But his last two turnovers I specifically had a problem with. The one with Garcia standin righth next to him baffles me because 1, he didn't even look at him before throwing the ball. 2, the pass was super fast and Garcia was standin right next to him. The other turnover to Fisher was even worse. He drove the ball right in the middle of 3 defenders and basically hands the ball over:confused: He didn't look where he was passin it. Don't believe me? Fine. But atleast watch the replay and then disagree

12. Exel

Exel Member

His jump shot has gone down the toilet. He's 4-29 from 15+ ft out. Good thing he can still get to the line, but man, I hope he finds his touch next game.

13. roslolian

roslolian Member

Wow how about that Jeremy Lin boy over there, what a great leader, huh? Can't even stay on the court, and he does play he turns it over 3x a game and shoots 1-6 :rolleyes:

Seriously, just because your god didn't play well doesn't mean you have to bash the Rox's best player just so Lin wouldnt' look so bad. Even with his jumpshot way off Harden still managed to score 30 pts on 22 shots...that's still somewhat efficient. This is the youngest team in the league, and Harden is the league's youngest cerfified superstar at only 23 years old. You can't really expect amazing leadership at such a young age, it's enough that he can play at a high level and lead the youngest team in the league to a playoff run against a very tough west.

14. Billionzz

Billionzz Contributing Member

He is and there is nothing at all wrong with his attitude. He has done a great job this year, he went from being a bench player to being a superstar and carrying this team. What more can you expect from a 23 year old player?

15. Lemonte

Lemonte Member

I have directv so I haven't watched many Rockets games this season. I've seen highlights on you tube, that's about it. The last time I really saw James Harden play was with the Thunder last season. He was breaking my heart then by coming up lame in key situations during the playoffs. A year later he's leading the Rockets in their first playoff appearance in 4 seasons and he's doing it again. I donno. Dude is not a max player. If your a max player, if you're the guy, you gotta come stronger than that. I can see why OKC didn't pay him what he wanted. He really is not worth it.

16. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

He needs to develop a post game, he's physically a much larger upper body than anyone else at the 2, it's reminiscent of Lebron two years ago, physically far superior than anyone who guards him, but terrible post fundamentals.

17. IgotNext

IgotNext Member

He is a #1 option

Look.... The guy is young. What do u want from him? A championship right now? Lol, that would be amazing. ( faster than Jordan and lebron) .. But foreal, I want that too( but I'm not going to start talking crap about him if it doesn't happen the first year he is on our team)

he is superstar talented( and I feel like he hasn't perfected his game yet)

Can he be a better leader?....... Sure( hopefully he becomes the best leader ever, ha) it's his first year being the "MAN"... He will get it. But a second star( maybe for an inside-out game wouldn't hurt) ( that's what she said).

GO ROCKETS

18. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

He needs help (another superstar). He's hurting and worn down.

At least we know he gave his all to the team this season. Nothing more we can ask from him.

19. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

If there were any people who could be a #1 option without any help, then Lebron james would still be a Cavalier.

I will start judging him for taking defensive plays off when we get someone to ease the attention and scoring load off him. Till then, I'll give him a pass for having to lead this young team in scoring, and going to the line more than anyone in the league while doing it.

20. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

I'm not sure if the dream would do it because he's a guard but harden should at least call Hakeem and ask him for a few lessons harden on the low block in the post would be sick. After sleeping it off I'm not so angry no more because the future is bright the two main reasons for the last few turnovers and the reason we led the league in turnovers is 1. We are a young team and our players haven't had enough time together one season is not enough to get to know ur teammates like the back of your hand I don't care what nobody says one season is not enough time. And it would help our chemistry if actual plays were being called and not just harden ISO. 2. No inside presence from a big man when harden penetrates like the turnover to fisher OKC and every other team knows there is no presence in the paint so everybody knows he's kicking it out to the 3pt line where everybody is camping out at. If we had a big man who can catch the ball and or dominate the paint the game would be easier for harden and LIN there's plenty of times too where Lin dribble drives and gets stopped but it's because he's looking for the post feed but it's just not there because there is nobody there defenses are locked on harden its the playoffs defense is up a notch and its hard for harden. So there is my vent I'm sorry for the long post with very bad grammar and punctuation but I just woke up and I'm trying to get everybody back to earth for those who are still upset or depressed