1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

As if the Lakers needed less of a challenge in the first round...

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by kpsta, Apr 23, 2009.

1. kpsta

kpsta Contributing Member

Nokur

Okur remains on bench with injury

SALT LAKE CITY -- Utah center Mehmet Okur will miss Game 3 against the Los Angeles Lakers with a hamstring injury that has kept him from playing in the first-round playoff series.

Okur said he tried to work out Thursday morning, but was still not able to run at full speed or jump. Okur has not played since straining his right hamstring in a regular-season game last Monday against the Clippers.

The Jazz look to avoid falling behind the Lakers 3-0 in the best-of-7 series without their second-leading scorer and No. 3 rebounder.

Okur said he also wasn't sure about his status for Game 4 on Saturday.

"I don't know yet. This is the worst part," Okur said. "I can't say a couple days, a couple hours, four days ... "

The Jazz planned to start Jarron Collins again in place of Okur, who averaged 17 points and 7.7 rebounds during the regular season and was Utah's top 3-point shooter. Collins had seven points and nine rebounds in the first two games of the series.

Utah coach Jerry Sloan said he also planned to start Andrei Kirilenko at small forward, hoping for some defensive spark to slow down the Lakers, who shot 58 percent in the first two games.

2. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

No matter what happens to the Rockets this postseason, we can rejoice in the fact that within a week, The Floppers will all be doing whatever they do in Utah when they aren't playing basketball. Is there anything to do in Utah besides skiing and being white? I guess a lot of them will leave the state for the offseason, which is entirely understandable. I call it Escape from Hell.

[​IMG]

^^^ If I could do photoshop, I'd replace Ajita Wilson with Mehmet Okur or Andrei Kirilenko in that tag above the movie title and put Jazz faces on the bodies. ^^^

#2 BrooksBall, Apr 23, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2009
  3. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Pretty sure they just increase the incest in the off-season. Here is the Jazz slogan for next season:

"Utah Jazz basketball...it's better than banging your sister (just barely)"

4. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Y the hell couldn't he be hurt the last 2 years? :eek:

5. BrooksBall

:D ... here's the background, somebody just needs to photoshop that slogan onto it and we can post it in the "I hate the Jazz" thread.

[​IMG]

6. JLEW1818

JLEW1818 Member

took the words right outta my mouth.

7. Asian Sensation

Frickin Okur ! It's not like he plays hard inside or bangs his body around. Just suit up and stick around the perimeter and nail a few 3's and make a series like you always do. Is that too much to ask for?

8. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

I was just telling my boss not that the lakers wouldnt beat the jazz with okur but its a lot easier for them because it does create a mismatch in the jazz favor on offense with bynum.

seriously if okur was out 2 years ago the rockets cruise easily he is really the biggest reason why the jazz are a bad matchup for the rockets.

ironic how the one year we didnt play them in the first round the guy is injured.

9. HAYJON02

HAYJON02 Contributing Member

You just KNOW if they were playing us they'd be at full strength...

I can't even enjoy this.

10. Shaud

Shaud Member

Where was this help the last 2 years. :(

11. BrooksBall

Next year we'll play the Jazz again and he'll be suited up.

That is assuming the Jazz don't lose a few players this offseason.

12. HombreDeHierro

also assuming Utah doesn't turn into a black hole.

13. Mike Hunt

Mike Hunt Member

also assuming Utah doesn't turn into a white hole.

fixed

14. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Obviously Utah will upset LA w/o Okur, and then he'll be healthy in time to come back and kill Houston in the 2nd round.

15. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I would love to take our chances against Utah this year.

DD

16. cwebbster

cwebbster Contributing Member

Wow....such faith you have in the team!

17. icewill36

icewill36 Member

utah might have a chance in this series with a healthy okur. boozer looks like hes back to his old self. if they had okur to stretch the laker D and take one of their bigs away from the paint this could really get interesting.