1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

As Carmelo Anthony leans toward leaving New York, Chicago and Houston emerge as frontrunners

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by t0mdotcom, Jun 14, 2014.

1. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Doesn't lala have family here too?

2. Nook

Nook Member

This is just about the biggest steaming pile of **** you will find. Full of conjecture and it isn't even well thought out.
    First, hilarious that the worst of ESPN's mediocre reporters says "it was much ado about nothing" when ESPN and their windbags started the BS.

Second, no, James did not rule out the Clippers because he didn't want to play with Paul. He ruled out the Clippers because he was never leaving Miami. He wasn't going to a third organization in 4 years. Further, this idea that he would have gone to the Lakers is absurd.
    Third, Anthony doesn't really have a close relationship with Thibs. He once said Thibs always seems to win, and now it has grown to Melo and Thibs spending Christmas' together. Classic ESPN.

Third, Ramona is just useless. The Bulls are not a better team than Houston. There is really nothing else to say.

Fourth, Simmons shouldn't be included in any serious discussion.

These three buffoons said a whole bunch of nothing.

3. Captain Hook

Captain Hook Member

I believe so, and her and Beyonce are real good friends. I know Beyonce isnt here as much anymore, but I am sure she has great things to say about the city. I dont think celebrities in Chicago are quite in love with that city.

4. treyk3

treyk3 Member

D. Rose's uniform is a lot nicer than James, I have to admit that.

Listen I'd choose Houston over Chicago any day and maybe Melo does (hopefully Love comes before that) but Thibs is going to be a very strong force in the recruitment. The guy can straight up coach and is a major part of team USA, don't underestimate that appeal.

5. Raven

Raven Member

Now that's an interesting question, especially since Love is 5 years younger than Carmelo.

6. MFG16

MFG16 Member

While it could just be Rose's personality (seems like a quiet guy) but putting himself in a recruiting position basically tells some of his current teammates that he wants them to leave so someone better can join the team. This works perfect if you can get the bigger name but if they somehow strike out he has to deal with it for as long as they're on the team. Nothing like ruining team chemistry knowing that the best player on the team wanted you gone. Just my take, it would be interesting to see how he went about it if the bulls had Suns type cap space.

7. Captain Hook

Captain Hook Member

You are right, Thibs is a great coach, but I think his style of coaching wears down his players. I don't think Melo really wants that. I honestly dont think Rose likes that either.

8. J.R.

J.R. Member

Broke down Rose. Check.
    Broke down Deng. Check.
    No concern for minutes played. Check. (You thought McHale was bad at this)

:p

9. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

I'm starting to get that same confidence I got when the Dwight FA was about to start. There is no better situation for Carmelo and I think he knows that. There is a chance for him to come in here for more money then would get in Chicago, and he would have two healthy superstars next to him. It just has to ring in his head that Houston is the right place for him.

10. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

I've actually come around on this recently and agree with you. At most players might campaign secretly (secret from teammates as well) but making it a public announcement does no good. You just make it awkward if it doesn't work out.

Same reason a player shouldn't say much when asked if their team needs help in the off-season.

1 person likes this.
  11. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

I'm really starting to lose respect for him as a Basketball mind.

12. Sanity2disChaos

Bye bye parsons. Or hello Melo. Tuff choice unless you could somehow sign Dieng or Ariza to replace CP.

13. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Would rather say bye parsons and hello love IMO.

14. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Ramona Shelburne or whatever her name is....beyond useless. Just horrific. Last year there was no way Howard would leave the glorious Lakers. This year the Bulls can get Carmelo because they're a better team. (Their star is still talking up his rehab but his is the "better team".)

She's the NBA reporter version of a starf***er.

Bulls.

Lakers.

Heat.

Knicks.

Clippers.

That's what the people want!

15. meh

meh Contributing Member

ESPN is entirely centered around the cities they are affiliated with. It is to their benefit that all talks are about those teams. That all hopes reside with those teams.

All talk during the 2010 FA was how NY and Chicago were going to get LeBron and Wade. Miami was given token mention, and only because Wade was already a Heat. This isn't a surprise. Gotta keep those big city fans happy.

16. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

Didn't Ramona adamantly confirm 100% Howard was staying in LA for an hour or so during that fateful day? Everyone started to jump on the bandwagon and believe it.

17. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Except signing Melo does not mean goodbye to Parsons.

18. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

Read his post again.

19. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member