1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

As Carmelo Anthony leans toward leaving New York, Chicago and Houston emerge as frontrunners

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by t0mdotcom, Jun 14, 2014.

1. PullUpJ

PullUpJ Member

Our own dudes turning against us

2. Rox_Mayhem

Rox_Mayhem Member

3. J.R.

J.R. Member

Sorry about that.

4. finsraider

finsraider Member

I'm not sure where this got started, but it's getting ridiculous. Harden-Melo-Howard "fits" a lot better than Wade-LeBron-Bosh.

Harden actually has a fairly similar offensive game to LeBron.

5. meh

meh Contributing Member

All you need to know about Houston's chances is whether or not they're in the discussion. As long as there's a footnote that says, "Melo is considering Houston" that's all that's necessary.

ESPN needs to sell clicks and subscriptions and ratings. Therefore they must keep changing the narrative and must ensure that every destination is considered so fans from all those different cities will follow them. If they don't do that, then it's a bad business model. It's in ESPN's best interest to keep everything moving but always make sure the top markets get that slight edge. After all, we all remember the LA-is-still-LA narrative that many of us bought into. And also how during 2010, everything pointed to Chicago/NY for the most part, with Miami as kind of a lesser destination the whole time.

I know the national media have correctly dismissed the Rockets too many times for me to be too critical of them. But deep down in our hearts, we knew we had no chance at Dwight the first time, Melo the first time, DWill the first time, Bosh, etc. We were never really a place any star would come to. But now, I can honestly say without being a homer, that this Rockets team is a viable destination for ANY star FA. They may choose elsewhere, but I'm optimistic regardless of how the national media portrays it. Because the Rockets are a logical destination. Joining Howard/Harden/Parsons/Beverley is makes much more sense than joining KMart/Brooks/Battier/Hayes/Scola.

1 person likes this.
  6. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

Couldn't have said it any better myself. We all know ESPN is a piece of ****. Then again, if anyone has any understanding as to how to get "clicks" and inherent tremendous amounts of ad revenue, ESPN is great at it.

7. Rox_Mayhem

Rox_Mayhem Member

No need to apologize sir. We greatly appreciate you. :)

8. houston#1

houston#1 Rookie

We have amazing locker room and big scoreboard. We have cool video room and weight room. We have comfortable bench seating and beautiful Downtown skylines, come on down to Houston, Melo. :cool:

9. DunKingDanny

DunKingDanny Contributing Member

About to talk about Carmelo possibly choosing Houston on ESPN right now. Let's see what kind of BS they say. :rolleyes:

1 person likes this.
  10. houston#1

houston#1 Rookie

Rocket Man?

lol, nice.

11. DunKingDanny

I thought we had Dwight already?? Lol

12. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Recap por favor?

13. Fantasma Negro

So lazy. They used the same crap with Dwight.

14. DunKingDanny

Will do when they get to it. I'm sure they're gonna string us along until the end of the show..smh

15. houston#1

houston#1 Rookie

they just said before going to commerical, i think they said, will houston become a emerging favorite to sign melo?

16. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

ESPN Sports Center

- Ramona: thinks lbj will opt out to take adv of his player option leverage
    - Ramona: 5/6 teams ready to take Lin/Asik
    - Ramona: lakers "could" take on both Melo and lbj with $32 mill in cap space if both will take a cut

17. DunKingDanny

Said Rockets have 5-6 teams that they can trade Lin and Asik to. Everyone waiting on LeBron to make his decision before deciding on what to do. Said lakers could try to go after both LeBron and Melo. Lol good luck with that.

1 person likes this.
  18. CantGoLeft

CantGoLeft Member

It's not all about fit on the court. It's about willingness to sacrifice for the common good. During the finals Spoelstra braised Bosh for his sacrifices for the team. Wade also had to adapt to LeBron. People have gotten on LeBron for being too unselfish and passing up clutch shots.

Melo wants and needs to be top dog. Olympic Melo was just for two weeks a few times. Remember he had a hard time sharing the headlines with Lin. He wants to stay in NY and hopes Phil will give him a reason to stay. If he leaves NY it's not because he wants to win. It'll be because he felt disrespected by the Knicks.

In Chicago he'll be top dog unless Rose returns to his MVP form. If Rose gets hurt again he'll get the green light to be "Melo".

In Houston all three will have to commit to making sacrifices. I just don't see that happening. In LA Howard didn't want to run pnr. He still doesn't want to run pnr and doesn't really bust his ass to get up the floor on offense. Harden of course played with KD and Westbrook but that was before he got his max deal. Now he's trying to become/stay the top SG in the NBA. That's not going to happen if he "sacrifices" too much for the team. Melo I believe would expect the other guys to adapt to him instead of him adapting to them.

19. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

So much truth here

20. cheke64

cheke64 Member

That's pathetic. Come with for washed up Kobe while he makes more money than you. They ****ed up so bad. Wasnt that b**** glamoring 2015 free agency. HAHA