1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

As Carmelo Anthony leans toward leaving New York, Chicago and Houston emerge as frontrunners

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by t0mdotcom, Jun 14, 2014.

1. treyk3

treyk3 Member

[​IMG]

2. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

At this point, I think its best for Morey to pull all offers that are out there and focus on acquiring Love or Rondo. Things would then progress by default. I'm starting to think that a max contract for Melo or Bosh would be nice for two seasons and a nightmare for the next 2-3.

3. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Isn't Bosh out of the country right now or something?

I don't think they're conspiring against him.

4. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

Patience.

5. SS0101

SS0101 Member

The same teams that would be a "taker" for Nash are probably/would probably rather wait on being the "taker" for Lin. Not because he is better...but bc the rockets have better assets to attach.

And he is better....there I said it

6. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Why is Bosh taking so much Heat? He's literally the only free agent in this spot in years I've seen come out and be 100% forthright in his intentions. No one else ever says anything.

I 100% respect how Bosh has handled his free agency. So what if he's "hitched his wagon" potentially to Lebron? He was never going down as option 1a on a championship team. The potential in Houston has to be intriguing. All that money plus if he wins a chip ... Winning in both conferences as a key cog to 2 teams. That is a better record to me than just playing with Lebron and seeing what happens. BUT... Lots of risk there too and Miami, on a team that can make finals regularly for 4-9 years. No shame in that.

7. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

That is my take as well. (hoping). The last supper. Just telling Wade that he is leaving. .....hopefully! :)

8. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

Can someone just wake me up when this is over?

9. DREAM ON!

DREAM ON! Member

Snorting K with Johnny Football?

10. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

agree

I dont get the hate on Bosh really at all - I at times feel bad for him.

The guy sacrificed the most in terms of his game and his numbers to be that important cog to help the Heat make it to the finals 4 straight years. Especially that first year he did whatever was needed to help the team win - completely transforming his game which is not an easy thing to do considering the amount of success he had.

One thing to remember as well is this: When the Heat lost in the Finals James and Wade didn't go to the podium but Bosh did. That spoke volumes to me about his character. On top of that even when they did win (or lose) other games James and Wade would always speak together at the podium and Bosh would always be by himself. To me it was like there was always a big 2 and then Bosh was just another guy to them on the team.

After they lost to Dallas Bosh was on the court crying and he was blamed for being a girl etc. In reality he probably showed the most passion and the most grief for losing in the finals. The guy is still passionate about winning and to him winning matters a lot.

And throughout everything the guy has been pretty up front and honest at what he wants to do. He wants to play with LeBron - thats not a bad thing - I find it unfortunate that throughout his time in Miami LeBron and Wade dont show the same sort of loyalty to Bosh as they do to each other. Bosh though is loyal to LeBron.

The guy doesnt seem to have a problem with it - if he doesn't I shouldn't either but its a shame that people tend to ride him for that. I actually think he is the most mature out of the big 3

11. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Not necessary. However what might be necessary is creating a deadline for making a decision based on the Parsons contract situation.

Morey has a pretty big case to make to Bosh's camp. If you wait till after Wednesday at midnight (when teams can officially sign players), you will make us run the risk of losing a big part of our team next year in Parsons which will make your future team much weaker.

I think we will find out really quick how serious Bosh is about Houston than if he cares enough about his potential future team to go ahead and make a decision by the deadline.

If 11:59 PM Wednesday comes and you have yet to get a phone call back from Bosh, I think its time to move on to plan.... E, or F, or whatever plan they are on.

Bosh is worth at least giving a deadline to, and Tomorrow at midnight gives everyone a reasonable amount of time.

12. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Parsons is not under contract, is he?

13. FeaR

FeaR Member

Neither are Wade and Lebron.

14. Classic

Classic Member

Good post. He is the only one without a brand to protect. Thus, he can be genuine in his intentions & emotions. It also leaves him open to being the bad guy as media members and others knowing not to bash those other brands can label someone a scap goat.

I'd just like to see him chunk the middle finger on the others and go to HOU on the max deal he deserves. He was a huge cog. Kind of insulting how this appears to be playing out in the media if directed by agents and the brands.

15. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Well I'd rather take 2 seasons of championship contention than nothing. Getting Bosh will mean a stronger team than getting Love because Love will cost you a lot.

16. DREAM ON!

DREAM ON! Member

Morey is following Bosh on twitter!! lol

17. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

Well said. I didn't realize it but I guess I've been rooting for him because of all the backlash. I think most of the knocks against him are really unwarranted. And don't even mention all the stupid stuff about his looks or mannerisms.

And complaints that he's hitched his wagon to Lebron; so what? It's just semantics. Unless it's for the money, players go to teams because of other players. Most players are essentially hitching their wagon to someone else. If he comes here you could say he's hitching his wagon to Harden/Howard. The difference between us and Miami is that Morey already worked out the #'s; Riley hasn't (and maybe can't).

18. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

I agree that Bosh seems to take a lot of crap overall. Off the court, yeah, he's a goofball (for which, of course, he gets labeled as gay); funny thing is, if anything, as off-the-court clowns, Bosh and Howard should get along well. But they bring it on the court and that's what matters.

I do hope all this doesn't drag out. Carmelo not signing yet does give me pause; I would hope LeBron wouldn't pull something scumbaggy and force Bosh out and then say, "You know what? I changed my mind. I'm staying in Miami. Chris Bosh? I never told him to leave. But we might as well sign Melo now."

19. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

I read that Lebron had bananas flambe for dessert so it must mean he's staying with the Heat.

20. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

If Wade/Bosh/LBJ went to Cleveland I'd be all like...

[​IMG]